Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How to wear my newborn around the house?

Our one month old is really alert during the day - getting one good nap in when it's light out is an accomplishment. Any recommendations for a comfortable wrap I can wear that allows me to get things done around the house? We have the Beco Gemini for walks outside.

Thanks in advance!

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carochinha View Post
    Our one month old is really alert during the day - getting one good nap in when it's light out is an accomplishment. Any recommendations for a comfortable wrap I can wear that allows me to get things done around the house? We have the Beco Gemini for walks outside.

Thanks in advance!
    I am not familiar with the Germini, but is there any reason you can't wear that inside the house?

Moby wraps are great. http://www.amazon.com/Moby-Wrap-Orig...8537895&sr=8-1

So are Sleepy Wraps. http://www.amazon.com/Sleepy-Wrap-Cl...8537916&sr=1-1

I have a Gyspy Mama wrap that I love (in fact I have 2). http://www.gypsymama.com/

The baby K'tan I've heard is also good. http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Ktan-Carr...8538022&sr=1-1

There's also a Maya wrap and various ring slings that are all great too.

swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wear my Baby Hawk Mei Tai in the house. It's not a wrap, but it doesn't have any buckles or metal/plastic parts.

Love moby style wraps (stretchy wraps) for around the house, because they are so comfortable to wear, even while sitting down (some SSC aren't so comfortable for that).

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Either a Moby wrap or use your Beco.

I personally prefer a mei tai for home use, but not for one that young. For a 1 month old the security of a wrap or a structured carrier (Beco Gemini, Bjorn, Ergo with insert) is best.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are directions at thebabywearer.com to make your own stretchy wrap if you want to try one out for cheap. You can easily make 2 wraps from one 5 yd. piece of fabric. And if you get the right kind of fabric you don't even have to hem it!

I used mei tais all the time with my second daughter around the house to clean, etc. and also to put her to sleep at night. I had a Babyhawk and a Catbird Baby and used them from about 1 week up to about a year, then I started wearing my buckle carriers mostly.

I found the moby to be the best around the house when ds was itty bitty. He's now a little over 12 pounds, and the mei tei seems to fit him much better now than it did even a couple of weeks ago.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Another vote for Moby!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For the Moby users, which carrying position do you favor most with a newborn? It looks like there are a few different ways to tie it.

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

At that age we used the newborn hug hold.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast