Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So sorry you are going through this.
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

first of all just want to thank all the BBB mamas for your support, have helped me so much, seriously i don't know what i would do without you guys!

and just got back from the doctor's appt...thankfully the level 2 u/s was totally normal, showed no abnormalities! the doc did say that the u/s results are not totally accurate in predicting everything so that just brings my risk of down's to maybe 1% (from about 2% or 1:64 risk with just the other u/s and the blood tests etc). however somehow i do feel tons better seeing this u/s result and all organs/measurements being normal. over the next few days we will decide whether to go for the amnio or not but i think at this point we are leaning towards not doing it, tho we may change our minds. i am scheduled for another level2 u/s at 22 weeks to look for potential heart defects. i guess if we dont do the amnio and that turns out normal then that seems like it would be enough for us.

oh, and at the u/s they were able to see that baby is a girl.

Glad it all turned out OK and congrats on having a little girl! How exciting!!
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    first of all just want to thank all the bbb mamas for your support, have helped me so much, seriously i don't know what i would do without you guys!

And just got back from the doctor's appt...thankfully the level 2 u/s was totally normal, showed no abnormalities! The doc did say that the u/s results are not totally accurate in predicting everything so that just brings my risk of down's to maybe 1% (from about 2% or 1:64 risk with just the other u/s and the blood tests etc). However somehow i do feel tons better seeing this u/s result and all organs/measurements being normal. Over the next few days we will decide whether to go for the amnio or not but i think at this point we are leaning towards not doing it, tho we may change our minds. I am scheduled for another level2 u/s at 22 weeks to look for potential heart defects. I guess if we dont do the amnio and that turns out normal then that seems like it would be enough for us.

oh, and at the u/s they were able to see that baby is a girl.
    omg yay!!!!

Yeah for a girl and a boy! And so glad for you that you can breathe a little easier knowing your baby is probably fine.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Great news
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Really great news! I'm so happy everything looks normal! I follow your pregnancy posts very closely, because we are due around the same time. I also had a few scares that end up being nothing. I'm jealous though, because you got a sneak peak at the gender! I have to wait another 2.5 weeks!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

YAY! I have been thinking you were going to have a girl the whole time. I should have some great Hanna and Gymbo hand me downs for you available on the BBB swap by then so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Melanie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yay! Great news! I hope you continue to get good news and congratulations on a healthy girl.
    Boy - 10 years, Girl - 6 Years Old!, (What am I still doing here?! LOL) Dog - Eternal Puppy , Me - Done .

Yay to the great news and for having a girl!!
    DS1-1/09
    DS2-10/12

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast