Default Front-facing carrier

My 19 lb, 10 month old is getting too big and uncomfortable for me in the Baby Bjorn. I tried and liked the Ergo but she likes facing out and isn't much of a fan of being on my back. Any suggestions for front-facing, non-sling, carriers? I need one for vacations, long walks, running errands, etc. Thanks!

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How about the new Beco Gemini? But honestly, I would keep trying her on your back, it's not only more comfortable for you but it's easier because she's not in your way.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The only structured carriers that are marketed as front facing are the Bjorn and Pikkolo. The Pikkolo can be worn outward facing or parent-facing, but it's always preferable to have the baby face you for ergonomic reasons for you and baby. They prefer facing out but get used to facing you pretty quickly in something like an Ergo.

for Sandy Hook

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    The only structured carriers that are marketed as front facing are the Bjorn and Pikkolo.
    The new Beco Gemini is also marketed as front facing. Supposedly people love it but I'm personally not a fan of front facing.

http://www.becobabycarrier.com/cat-13/beco-Gemini
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Thanks for all your advice. Anyone have any good experience with the Pikkolo or Beco Gemini carrying a baby at 20 lbs at up front-facing?? I guess I could try her on the back or facing me a little more. The front facing is definitely starting to kill my back and shoulders.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mlducker View Post
    Thanks for all your advice. Anyone have any good experience with the Pikkolo or Beco Gemini carrying a baby at 20 lbs at up front-facing?? I guess I could try her on the back or facing me a little more. The front facing is definitely starting to kill my back and shoulders.
    I have the Pikkolo and regularly wear my 15 lb baby in it - mostly facing me, not the world. I love it!

for Sandy Hook

Smile

I have the Beco Gemini and tote my 20lb almost 8-month-old around in it daily. It really is fantastic, and he loves the face-out option (although I mostly wear him facing in). It can also be used for hip and back carries, and IMHO is the most versatile (and comfortable) carrier out there - one of the best baby buys we made!