Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recipe for home made natural hand sanitizer?

Has anyone ever made a natural/green hand sanitizer that doesn't need to be washed off with water? Can you share the recipe? Thanks!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

Brittone2 did and I copied her idea a couple of years ago. Maybe it will come up in a thread search? I think I did tea tree oil, alcohol and one other thing....can't recall. Will look for it later.
    DD '06
    DD '14

bump...i am interested in this too.
    neeley

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The BBB search engine is pretty much useless (no offense). I can never find previous threads that I know exist. Brittone, if you're reading this, please post your recipe! Or anyone else! Thanks!
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vludmilla View Post
    Brittone2 did and I copied her idea a couple of years ago. Maybe it will come up in a thread search? I think I did tea tree oil, alcohol and one other thing....can't recall. Will look for it later.
    is this the right post?

http://www.windsorpeak.com/vbulletin...89&postcount=4

"In a pinch I've also used a small travel bottle filled with a little vinegar and distilled water plus some essential oil drops (so it doesn't smell so funky). Target also has a hand sanitizer without Triclosan. It has a high alcohol content, so obviously keep out of reach from a child that might be tempted to actually drink it. "

Yes, I think that is the post. Glad you found it. I made two bottles of it last year and used it for much of the winter when we were out and about. I was happy enough with it. I think I added another essential oil to make it smell a bit better but I don't know for sure what I added. Could have been lemongrass essential oil?
    DD '06
    DD '14