Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    swissair81 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 7pages View Post
    I had the ergo and returned it. I am 5' 1" and my husband is 6'3". It worked for him, but the straps are made for wider shoulders than mine, they always felt like they were slipping off. I bought the Pikkolo and love it. Although I do miss the little pocket on the Ergo, and I had to buy the support belt for the Pikkolo when my baby got close to a year, so that adds to the price. (and the bulk of the carrier)
    I like the Pikkolo and so does my baby!
    HTH
    Lori
    Oh yeah that was the other thing. I have very narrow shoulders.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The Ergo didn't fit me well. It rubbed my arms weird and I had to return it. I loved my Beco though. It was less bulky and had all the same features of the Ergo (plus it was prettier ). I'm 5'2" and dh is 6' and we could both wear it. I bought mine as a 2nd on Frogmama.

Beth

thanks for all your help! so from all the replies it seems that my best bet would be a ssc type. everyone says the ergo, but i am petite and am also nervous about the slipping off shoulder thing with the ergo and the bulk.
    as i will be the main wearer, it seems as if i am between the pikkolo and becco- what about other companies? lilliebaby, bh oh snap! and i am sure there are others.
    i am willing to invest in one good one if it will really last me a long time.
    another thing- i dont like how the ergo fits a newborn (i know it doesnt matter now, but this is an investment for the future ) so how do the other ones compare?
    about the baby ktan...i just like how it looks- seems so comfy..like just cuddling with your baby! if it is just for the newborn stage (and if my next one follows the pattern of my other two then will outgrow that stage very fast!) maybe will get as a gift for the next one...

The OhSnap is designed for older babies.

A pikkolo or connecta will be a better pick for a petite person. Also look on thebabywearer.com in the choosing and using asian style carriers...you'll find lots more advice over there.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by scat View Post
    thanks for all your help! so from all the replies it seems that my best bet would be a ssc type. everyone says the ergo, but i am petite and am also nervous about the slipping off shoulder thing with the ergo and the bulk.
    as i will be the main wearer, it seems as if i am between the pikkolo and becco- what about other companies? lilliebaby, bh oh snap! and i am sure there are others.
    i am willing to invest in one good one if it will really last me a long time.
    another thing- i dont like how the ergo fits a newborn (i know it doesnt matter now, but this is an investment for the future ) so how do the other ones compare?
    about the baby ktan...i just like how it looks- seems so comfy..like just cuddling with your baby! if it is just for the newborn stage (and if my next one follows the pattern of my other two then will outgrow that stage very fast!) maybe will get as a gift for the next one...
    Honestly, I don't think that slipping off the shoulders should be an issue with an ergo. There is a strap/buckle that goes across your back or chest to prevent this from happening that is attached to both straps (like a hiking backpack). My sil is very thin, probably a size 2-4 and loves her ergo.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

I would find a place to try out some carriers or choose an online retailer with a friendly return policy. Every carrier fits people differently. I love my Beco and Boba but hated the Angelpack and Lillebaby Everywear. The Angelpack just didn't fit me right but its adorable and a great carrier.. but not for me. The Everywear carrier just felt awful and I have trouble believing anyone would find that thing comfortable.

In the end I would recommend the Beco if you can't find a place to try some out.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have both a Beco Butterfly II and an Ergo Performance. We've been using the Beco since our little guy was a newb. We had the Ergo heart to heart infant insert and ended up selling it and not using the Ergo until DS could fit without an insert. It seemed really, really hot and with a July baby didn't work well. DS is 6'2'' and medium build, I'm 5'5'' and slender. We both use the Beco and switch back and forth all the time during shopping trips(sometimes I need to try things on when wearing the babe) with no problem. DS is just getting to the age and head and neck control that I think we'll be using the Ergo soon as well.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

See if there is still a NINO or any baby wearing group in your city. My city has one that meets at least once/ month and experienced moms bring their stash of carriers for newbies to experiment with. So helpful! I just found it via google.

Beth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2