Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Andi98989 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Check out http://weelicious.com/ for some fun ideas
    DS1 - Oct. '09

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is E's school the only one that won't accept anything not store bought and still sealed?
    Nope, ours too. Actually the school provides the daily snacks, but if parents want to send a special snack (like for a birthday) it has to be store bought, sealed and marked kosher. Personally, I am very happy with this policy.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would do a muffin - pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are always a hit in my house. I also like the idea of fruit in cute shapes plus cheese.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    We take turns sending snacks. We've had allergies, but they were easy to work around (strawberries, for example). The kids enjoy helping to pass out their snack. One of 3 days, is baking day, and they bake their own snack instead.

My DD would not eat if the snack was grape tomatoes adn hummus. She'd just sit there and drink the water. I'm glad there is a decent variety so that some days she eats and others she doesn't . Crazy thing - she ate a banana muffin they made a couple weeks ago and now loves muffins. She would never even try them at home!
    Don't mean to hijack, but the idea of the kids baking their own snacks is intriguing to me! What kinds of foods do they bake? Is it actually baking- as in using an oven- or more of prepare your own snack?
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5