Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by boltfam View Post
    ITA! have sworn off acrylic because I'm so sick of my sweaters looking like junk after 1 season of wear, and SO many sweaters have it. The sweater you posted is really cute.

I might be returning it because it's dry clean or hand wash only but really LOVE it.
    http://www.eddiebauer.com/catalog/pr...S--CARDIGANS&p

and I really want this but, um, it needs to go on sale - big time
    http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...l?NavGroupID=6
    In my shopping adventures, I've noticed that the trendier sweaters are acrylic or acrylic blend (better, but still not great). The price isn't lowered for the inferior fabric though!

ETA: Love, love, love the Boden one. The EB one is cute too. REally, how many times are you going to wash it?
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    In my shopping adventures, I've noticed that the trendier sweaters are acrylic or acrylic blend (better, but still not great). The price isn't lowered for the inferior fabric though!

ETA: Love, love, love the Boden one. The EB one is cute too. REally, how many times are you going to wash it?
    Yeah, what's up with the high prices for cr@ppy fabric?! Unfortunately, I have to wash my sweaters often as I always end up with snot streaks from my DC on my shoulders. *sigh*

Yeah, what's up with the high prices for cr@ppy fabric?! Unfortunately, I have to wash my sweaters often as I always end up with snot streaks from my DC on my shoulders. *sigh*
    At first I thought it was the cheaper brands that used acrylic, but then I noticed that even the better brands are using it too. I saw that some of the LE Canvas sweaters contain acrylic too, which is disappointing. I guess I can always return the sweater if it doesn't hold up after one season, since they have a great return policy.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LarsMal View Post
    Sweaters are my thing. Some people are into shoes, others are into accessorizing, I sweaters! I just got the EB catalog the other day and dogeared about four different pages.
    I don't usually look at EB for sweaters but I really like these! I'm going to wait for them to go on sale though.

I've also been eying some Boden sweaters - also to look out for on sale. I don't even know where to begin there...

Anthropologie has some cute sweaters - I bought a couple on sale the other day but had the baby with me so barely tried them on. I had to take them back because they were way too itchy on me after 5 minutes of wearing.

So, if anyone sees any soft Merino or Cashmere sweaters, let me know!

for Sandy Hook

LarsMal is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I don't usually look at EB for sweaters but I really like these! I'm going to wait for them to go on sale though.

So, if anyone sees any soft Merino or Cashmere sweaters, let me know!
    I don't either. I think I have one that DH got me a couple years ago, but I almost threw the catalog away without looking. I'll wait for sales, too.

I have a cashmere sweater on today that DH got me at ATLoft last Christmas on a great sale. Love cashmere, not the price!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been stalking and bidding on some EUC cashmere items on Ebay. I have a few cashmere blend sweaters I won for $10-15. I'll let you know how they arrive and if it seems worth it to go that route. Now, I'm wondering if I should keep them in the freezer for 3 days in case of bedbugs.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    At first I thought it was the cheaper brands that used acrylic, but then I noticed that even the better brands are using it too. I saw that some of the LE Canvas sweaters contain acrylic too, which is disappointing. I guess I can always return the sweater if it doesn't hold up after one season, since they have a great return policy.
    That's why I LOVE LE and any other place with great return policies. Apparently, EB has a guarantee as well - at least that's what the SA told me when I was in there and mentioned how I hate acrylic. You need your receipt, though. I have not only sworn off acrylic, I have sworn off places that don't have a guarantee. I don't know if quality has gone down or if I have lost my ability to wash clothes correctly, but I have had so many clothes NOT hold up in the last couple of years. Sorry to get off topic.

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I've been stalking and bidding on some EUC cashmere items on Ebay. I have a few cashmere blend sweaters I won for $10-15. I'll let you know how they arrive and if it seems worth it to go that route. Now, I'm wondering if I should keep them in the freezer for 3 days in case of bedbugs.
    I think I would just to be on the safe side. Congrats on your great wins!

I really want this but, um, it needs to go on sale - big time
    http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens...l?NavGroupID=6
    I think I'm in love with this! So glad I bought a brown sweater jacket already or I might be tempted by this....and I've never spent that much $$ on a sweater in my life.

You've been searching for a while now, haven't you? Good luck!
    Tami, mom to 2 boys
    DS1 - 2/05
    DS2 - 5/07
    DH - BillK

That's why I LOVE LE and any other place with great return policies. Apparently, EB has a guarantee as well - at least that's what the SA told me when I was in there and mentioned how I hate acrylic. You need your receipt, though. I have not only sworn off acrylic, I have sworn off places that don't have a guarantee. I don't know if quality has gone down or if I have lost my ability to wash clothes correctly, but I have had so many clothes NOT hold up in the last couple of years. Sorry to get off topic.
    That's good to know about EB. I really don't want to be stuck with a bunch of sweaters next year that's all worn out and pilly.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast