Thread: Travel Bed

Default Travel Bed

I have a very active 2 yo who still sleeps in a crib at home. We'll be traveling soon and need to come up with a sleep solution. I think it is between a Peapod Plus and an AeroBed for kids. Help me decide.... He is active, sleeps on his stomach and seems to like confinement. When we camped over the summer, he literally moved from one end of the tent to the other while sleeping. So, what do you think? This will be for use at the grandparents house several times a year and will be in a separate room from me.

TIA

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This is a tough age. I vote for a mattress on the floor or an aerobed.
    /hillary
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

When my dd was that age we opted for a toddler Aerobed. We'll be using it again in a few weeks on our next vacation. My dd is now 4. We've found that if we rearrange furniture in our hotel (or at grandma's house), we can put a wall on one side, and the back of a couch on the other. We make sure there's a wall at the foot too. That only leaves the head of the bed "open." It works well, and keeps our kid contained while she sleeps. My only complaint is that it doesn't really "breathe." The plastic keeps air from flowing, and my dd gets sweaty. It helps when we put several cotton blankets down as the mattress pad.