reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Help! How can I remove permenent ink from a comforter?

DS drew a beautiful picture for me on a new comforter with a sharpie - any ideas how to remove it? I tried Hairspray, alcohol and greased lightning so far with no luck

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    DS drew a beautiful picture for me on a new comforter with a sharpie - any ideas how to remove it? I tried Hairspray, alcohol and greased lightning so far with no luck
    When you say alcohol, was it rubbing alcohol? That's how I got ink out of my comforter that my DS drew on. GL!

It was. Urgh. The bottle is about a year old, maybe I need to go get a new bottle. I wonder if alcohol goes bad?

There is a product called Amodex that removes most inks from fabrics. It is what the Sharpie company recommended to us to remove ink from a light yellow chair.
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

boltfam is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    It was. Urgh. The bottle is about a year old, maybe I need to go get a new bottle. I wonder if alcohol goes bad?
    I know if it sits too long without the cover on, it basically turns into water. I remember this from my high school chemistry class....wow, that's reaching pretty far back. Rubbing alcohol is so cheap, I would try a new bottle. The Amodex sounds like a really good bet, too.

OK, the hairspray, alcohol (new bottle) and greased lightning combo worked on the comforter and it is TOTALLY off - but the area on the sheets didn't budge. I'm going to try the stuff they recommend. Any idea where to find it? Thank you sooo much everyone!