almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default how long until period after Mirena removal?

It's been 5 weeks since I had my Mirena removed. And no period! I really don't think I could be pregnant. I did have very minor spotting about 2 weeks in, and over the last week have been having some minor PMS symptoms such as sore breasts and back ache. But nothing major.

Anyone BTDT?

I want to get a handle on my natural cycle, really just out of curiosity, before getting a paraguard.

Upon writing this, I know it sounds like I could be pregnant, but I really don't think that's the case. But I guess that is why I want to get a take on other people's experience...
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Ok, I'm probably not the norm here but it took me 82 days to get my period after getting the Mirena out. It was so frustrating. I guess it just took my body longer to get the hormones out of my system and for my body to return back to normal.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

nrp is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had a light period two or three days after removal, as did my SIL (although hers was heavier and longer). I had a "regular" cycle length (29 days) the next month (hard to say what regular is since I've only had one period in five years between pregnancy, BFing and mirena!). But, I suspect that there is a wide range of normal.
    Mommy to
    DD1 (12/06)
    DS (6/08)
    DD2 (10/11)