Default Wedge/insert for City Mini Baby Jogger?

Hi,
    We have a City Mini Baby Jogger for our 16 month old, but more often than not, she grabs onto the sides to pull herself forward to see what's going on... she doesn't like being reclined all the way back, which is the case even when it's at its most forward position.

Is there a wedge or insert of some kind to help push her forward so that she's actually sitting?

Thanks!

Two things I would recommend.
    1 - get the belly bar: http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jogger-Ad...0395229&sr=8-1
    Your LO can use this to pull herself up. Mine loves our belly bar!

2. Put a board in the back of the seat. You can make your own out of cardboard or a binder or you can order one from baby jogger or countrymoosekids.com (PE Board).

HTH!

Edensmum is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

This is my concern with this stroller. I am 95% sold on it but it looks like it's seat tips back. I like the peg peregos because their seats are flat and they have a floating harness so the litle one can lean forward. Could you post a pick?
    In my peg ds holds onto the snack tray and looks around at the world. He can easily do this even when the seat is all the way reclined and he's 10 months.

Hi,
    Thanks for the tips! I checked out the baby jogger site, but it looks like it's just a board that goes in the mesh "basket" in the back. Does this really lift up the back of the seat?

What do you all think about a wedge or something like that on the seat itself?

Edensmum... how do I post a pick?

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by mamainflorida View Post
    Hi,
    Thanks for the tips! I checked out the baby jogger site, but it looks like it's just a board that goes in the mesh "basket" in the back. Does this really lift up the back of the seat?

What do you all think about a wedge or something like that on the seat itself?

Edensmum... how do I post a pick?

Thanks everyone!
    It does not go into the mesh basket, it actually goes into the seat itself. It does not "lift" the back of the seat, per se, it makes it firmer, so the seat is less hammocky. The back of the seat will never sit fully upright at a 90 degree angle. It is not designed to do that. I don't know how much more upright the 2011's with upright straps are.

I don't know about a wedge, I suppose you could put something in. I've never needed one, since my LO has been fine with the board and belly bar.

We have a Maclaren that sits straight up. He likes that too, but he really doesn't seem to mind either way.

My mom has a Pliko at her house with the floating harness, so I understand what edensmum is talking about.
    I have loosened the harness slightly in the BJCM so he can pull himself forward and he hangs onto the belly bar like you described in the peg. (Sometimes he does this, sometimes he hangs back. I think the slouchy thing bothered me more than it bothered him).

Edensmum, I know there are some pics up that lhafer has posted. I can try to post some, but is there something in particular you want to see?
    Last edited by poohbear; 11-22-2010 at 11:46 AM.

I understand what you're saying, you want a wedge to make the seat bottom more flat rather than sloped back. I was hoping the seat was pretty flat.
    I would love to see pics of how well a little one and sit up. The seat back does not matter as much because he doesn't lean against it when he's sitting up looking around. Though without the floating harness can they do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Edensmum View Post
    I understand what you're saying, you want a wedge to make the seat bottom more flat rather than sloped back. I was hoping the seat was pretty flat.
    I would love to see pics of how well a little one and sit up. The seat back does not matter as much because he doesn't lean against it when he's sitting up looking around. Though without the floating harness can they do this?
    I just loosen the harness. The seat is not at a straight up 90 degree angle, but it's not completely reclined either. I just leave the harness a little loose so that he can't slide out of it, but he can pull himself forward on the bumper bar.
    My LO is 19 months now, so he's a little older. We got the stroller when he was about 11 months and the bumper bar about a month later...

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 9 month old does just fine in the City mini seat. I have taken the shoulder straps off (I attach them to the D rings on the inside of the seat) so it's a 3 point harness. That way she can pull herself fully upright when she wants to. I have the Belly Bar and the snack tray. I prefer the belly bar because the snack tray sits a little high. She will lean or slouch down to look under it.

Usually I find that parents are much more worried about stuff like this than their babies are! Chances are you will find your little one will not really care one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    My 9 month old does just fine in the City mini seat. I have taken the shoulder straps off (I attach them to the D rings on the inside of the seat) so it's a 3 point harness. That way she can pull herself fully upright when she wants to. I have the Belly Bar and the snack tray. I prefer the belly bar because the snack tray sits a little high. She will lean or slouch down to look under it.

Usually I find that parents are much more worried about stuff like this than their babies are! Chances are you will find your little one will not really care one way or another.

He might not care but I have a Mac Quest and that stroller ticks him off, like his carseat does because he's confined in a recline. I really think it sounds great and the Vela is worrying me. The other one stopped pushing well in such a short time and that seems like a peg issue. I have the Aria and will keep that for the same exact features without being out the money for the Vela if the push is no good. The city mini seems to have everything but the truly upright deal so I will have to try it and see if it works best as none will be perfect, saddly.