Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

Default Where in Europe would you go?

If you had 2 weeks next summer/fall, with no kids in tow, what 2 countries would you visit and what would you see? England is out of the running. DH has 2 weeks of R&R to spend in Europe and we're stuck on where to go.
    Last edited by bluestarfish18; 11-10-2010 at 11:55 AM.
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i've only been to Europe once, for our honeymoon. i think our favorite country was Italy, especially Venice. Especially if u have the chance to go without kids (i personally would never want to go there with young kids, too much hassle and i don't think i would enjoy it nearly as much). Other parts of Italy i enjoyed were visiting Pompeii. Rome and the Vatican were nice but got really crowded in the summer.

Paris is also great if you've never been...Eiffel Tower, the shopping (Champs-Elysses), the Louvre, etc. I loved how easily it was to get around Paris without a car.

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

I would love love love to try Italy.

We're looking at 1 week per country=2 countries total. One pick for DH and one for me. And Italy is at the top of my list...I'm obsessed with food.
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

1 week in Italy, though it would be a whirlwind! You could do Florence and Venice, maybe add in Rome (but that would be pushing it for a week with all there is to see and do, especially if you wanted to see any of Tuscany around Florence).
    1 week in France- a few days in Paris, adding in Normandy and one of the wine or alps areas (we loved Beaune/Chamonix). Again, a week here would be a whirlwind as well. You would definitely want to fly into Rome and leave from Paris (or vice versa) and then rent a car to get around when you are out of the larger cities. In fact, if you've been to Paris before you could skip it- we loved France even more when not in Paris (though I love Paris too, don't get me wrong!). And the food is amazing!!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Italy would be my first choice.

Then Spain or Greece. I also really want to visit Eastern Europe.

If you've never been to Europe, you may want to consider going to Paris, but, personally there's many European cities I like more than Paris.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Italy or France. Or Amsterdam or Prague.

Beth

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wuold do the south of France and northern Italy. Good food, good wine, warm, and laid back. Just nice.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Italy.

I've been to Ireland, England, Austria, and Czech Republic and loved them all. Prague and Salzburg are fantastic.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

One week in Paris
    One week touring Italy
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Italy is always a favorite.

But, I lived in Portugal for a summer and I LOVED it there. It's kind of the forgotten country of Europe, but it is fabulous! The people love Americans and it is cheaper there than most of the rest of Europe. I think Lisbon is an amazing city and the surrounding towns of Sintra and Cais Cais (I think I spelled that correctly) are not to be missed.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast