Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Anti fatigue mat in kitchen?

Anyone have one and does it make a difference in how you feel?

mom2one is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got a gelpro mat two years ago and love mine. It does help! I saw they are selling them at linens n things now. You can always use a coupon to save. They do sell them online too.

HTH!

srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No BTDT, but I remember a thread about these. I only remember because I only would've heard about them here.

I splurged on a GelPro mat from Bed Bath Beyond (with their 20% coupon) when I was pregnant. It was fantastic then, it's fantastic now, especially since we've moved to a kitchen with hardwood floor. Think it's worth the price!
    DS1 08.2010
    DS2 04.2012

codex57 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Have a couple of the cheapy ones from Costco, but they're good enough. Makes a big difference. They have a brand name gel one that is nicer, but I got two for less than the price of one of the fancy ones.

I have a GelPro one and love it. I decorate cakes and often stand in the same spot for 2-3 hours and it definitely makes a big difference. My back and feet do not hurt any more. Definitely worth it to me.

Quote Originally Posted by srhs View Post
    No BTDT, but I remember a thread about these. I only remember because I only would've heard about them here.
    Thank you for the link!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2one View Post
    I got a gelpro mat two years ago and love mine. It does help! I saw they are selling them at linens n things now. You can always use a coupon to save. They do sell them online too.

HTH!
    Thanks, I stood on one at BBB yesterday and it felt so nice. I need a very large size, though, to span the work area and am balking at the price. Maybe for Christmas.

cntrymoon2 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Don't do it!! I bought two large GelPro mats and one small one three years ago. The large ones ($200 each) didn't hold up at all- the edges split all the way around on both of them, and they look horrible. The small one is great, and had no problems with split edges. I loved them for comfort, but I'm beyond frustrated that after two years I had wasted $400 on floor mats. If I could do it over, I'd buy a small one or two small ones. Or buy them from Costco where I could return any time.

I bought a gel mat from Costco but don't recommend it, especially for the price (around $70, I believe). The size that Costco has is too small to look good in front of my kitchen sink, so I have it in front of my stove. It's always sliding around on my wood floor and never staying in place.

I just got done cooking at my stove for the last 2 hours (cooking up lots of meals at once) and I don't think that the gel mat made a difference in how I feel compared to 2 hours in front of my kitchen sink with a regular mat.

I do notice more of a difference when I'm bare foot (the gel feels nice to the touch), but I wear shoes in the kitchen for support when I'm standing for a long time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast