Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mjs64 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Diaper Bag for DH for Xmas?

So my first is due at the beginning of February, and I've been collecting gear. I have my own diaper bag and I'm wondering

1. IF I should get my DH a diaper bag for xmas and
    2. If so, which one?

Is a diaper bag a totally lame xmas gift? It's really more for me, as in, I don't want necessarily to share mine--or do I? Is one diaper bag for the new family enough? Or should I go ahead and get one for him? I've been looking at the Skip Hop Duo--is that masculine enough? He's already made fun of the "Diaper Dude" brand, so I don't want to go that route.

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DH loves his "Daddy Vest." I think there's one out there by that name, but he has enjoyed experimenting with a variety of cargo vests. His fave is the ScottEVest because it's less bulky. And its usefulness should last longer than his diaper-carrying days.

He also found a diaper bag at BRU that he liked enough that he bought it for carrying his work materials. But it has never seen a diaper. (He doesn't like carrying something else when he's already carrying a child, so the vest is perfect for him.)
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I had two diaper bags and the main one I used was black messenger style so DH was totally fine using it. If I had a Petunia Pickle Bottom bag or something really girly I may consider getting one more neutral.

If he is making fun of diaper bags marketed to guys..he doesn't want one.
    Last edited by infomama; 11-14-2010 at 05:13 AM.

lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Frankly, a plain back pack or something similar, or the vest like a pp mentioned would probably be just fine. Then he could have it for other uses after diaper phase is over.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

DH used our Diaper Dude messenger style bag without complaints.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Have you seen the new dad bag from Ju Ju Be? It's called the BeHip and it looks great - lightweight and can fit a 15 in. laptop, I think. http://www.shopjujube.com/Product.as...000&p=JJB01342
    It's a bit more interesting to me than a black bag,and JJB quality is amazing.

larig is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by arivecchi View Post
    DH used our Diaper Dude messenger style bag without complaints.

it was really just a plain black messenger with 3 pockets (bottle shaped) on the front. We ended up using his more than mine.

If he's not into a diaper bag, why not buy him some diaper bag accessories, so he could use whatever bag he wanted. In other words, buy him a changing pad, a little wipes container, and insulated sleeve to keep a bottle in, etc.?

http://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Pront.../dp/B000F1SCJK

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am in a similar position and thought a diaper bag or vest for DH would be a great gift. I searched everywhere for one I thought he'd like and finally asked him if he'd like one. He does not. He said he's happy to carry the one I bought for myself (well actually I bought 2 ). So you might want to ask your DH first if he wants one first? If you have a gender-neutral bag already, that might work fine for the 2 of you.

If you do get him one, I really like the JJB someone else posted and this one http://www.petuniapicklebottom.com/c...eypackcompact/

Honestly he can just use any backpack, like a Columbia or Northface or whatever. He can buy one of those changing pad combos where the wipes/diapers fit inside (Skip Hop makes one but there are cheaper ones) and also buy an insulated bag if you use bottles. He really doesn't need a specific "diaper bag".

This is the changing pad I have.. you can put wipes and a few diapers in it, works great

http://www.target.com/First-Years-De...n&frombrowse=0

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast