mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Organization of forums?

While all the new forums are nice, it's getting hard for me to quickly find a specific forum when I'm looking for it and I feel like some are getting lost. Any chance the forums could be organized? Not sure what scheme would work best. Perhaps most popular at the top, then alphabetical after that? Or into subcategories of similar forums - i.e. Momwear and Kidwear might go together, KidFood and What's cooking, etc. Thanks for considering my suggestion!
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

PMJ is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Great Idea!
    -------------------------
    Thanks for your time!

Hi there. Well, the initial forums were ordered like the chapters of our book, BABY BARGAINS. Hence, the cribs/nursery section is near the top, followed by bedding, etc.

Of course, over time, we've added more forums, most of which just go to the bottom of the list. And we moved the most popular forums, the Lounge and the Bargain Alert area, to the top.

So if you have any ideas on how to better organize it, we're all ears!

alan & denise

I wonder if some of the less used forums might be better deleted? For example, the adoptions forum is very seldom used. I have two adopted kids, so I'm all for adoption, but if the forum isn't being used, it seems like it should be deleted. Similarly the Kids Craft forum seems to be very seldom used.

And maybe the Mommy Fit forum could be folded into the new health related forum?

I also wonder about combining Nursery Necessities and the other similar forum--the one on bedding and decorations for the nursery. People often seem confused about which to post in and neither has a huge amount of traffic.

Perhaps what's cooking and kid food could be combined as well? There seems to be a good bit of overlap there and while both are regularly used, I don't think the combined traffic would be overwhelming.

Just thinking that fewer forums would help with organizing.

Thank you!
    Catherine

Oh, and if you wanted to reduce the overall number of forums, you could definitely combine the two suggestions forums. Maybe even combine them with the Questions, etc forum.

Thanks again,
    Catherine

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd love to see the forums alphabetized, except for the lounge, which I think should remain at the top.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

infomama is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    I'd love to see the forums alphabetized, except for the lounge, which I think should remain at the top.
    I second that.