I need to return a Miele red titan canister to the vac store, I wanted to love it but it's not the right vacuum for me.

We have mostly carpet. I loved the Miele the best in the kitchen, but it felt too hard to push on the carpet and the head of the vac is small and I am not used to operating canisters.

So, I am thinking a lightweight, powerful upright for my carpet. Maybe a stick vac for my kitchen and bath -- that would be wonderful, I hate sweeping.

I did not love the Miele upright but that is because I thought the canisters were better, but... I don't like a canister... so maybe a Miele upright would be OK, but... it seemed heavy and a little unwieldy.

Anyway. I have to take this canister back to the store and need to decide pretty fast if I am just going to return it or get something else. I do not want to be a problem customer who test drives a bunch of vacs....

I was looking at an Oreck at target and it was very lightweight. I kind of like bags and don't like the idea of bagless so much.

Thanks for any advice! I know you all know your household appliances.... super shoppers!