Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by fedoragirl View Post
    I might just buy bottled water to save us all the hassle as I'd rather pass through security without issues than worry about the contents of the bottled water for ONE day.
    It'll be one of many compromises you'll make along the parenting path. Yeah, I'd much prefer my ds not eat hotdogs and fries, for example, but sometimes that's what there is when you are at a party or out and about. I decided a few years back that once in a while for most anything is ok for me and my family.

Beth

I'd say buy after you pass the security checkpoint. Check the label for the source of the water: if it the source is a municipal water supply, it's probably fluoridated, but if it is spring water, it probably has no fluoride. I remember several years ago when bottled water was becoming popular, dental health experts cautioned against only giving children bottled water because frequently it does not contain fluoride...I saw it on the news eons ago. HTH!

geochick is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Around here (our water is not fluoridated) bottled water does not contain fluoride unless it says so in big letters on the bottle.

Get bottled water after security.

Sweetum is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

can you pre-fill baby's bottle with the required amount of water (to alter mix the formula and shake-shake)? That way they'll know that it's baby related.
    ETA: I happened to carry water in DS' straw cup (unintentional) through security, and on the way in they did the strip test, and let me take it.

peanut520 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunshineandme View Post
    can you pre-fill baby's bottle with the required amount of water (to alter mix the formula and shake-shake)? That way they'll know that it's baby related.
    ETA: I happened to carry water in DS' straw cup (unintentional) through security, and on the way in they did the strip test, and let me take it.
    this is what we did when we flown with dd. i made some bottles to have on hand then i had premeasured water in bottles with premeasured formula powder in tubes, and i usually will bring a few can of the rtf nestle good start just in case we got stuck on the plane for an extended period of time (okay i'm paranoid). we never had a problem going through.

fedoragirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    It'll be one of many compromises you'll make along the parenting path. Yeah, I'd much prefer my ds not eat hotdogs and fries, for example, but sometimes that's what there is when you are at a party or out and about. I decided a few years back that once in a while for most anything is ok for me and my family.

Beth
    Sage advice.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

Quote Originally Posted by peanut520 View Post
    this is what we did when we flown with dd. i made some bottles to have on hand then i had premeasured water in bottles with premeasured formula powder in tubes, and i usually will bring a few can of the rtf nestle good start just in case we got stuck on the plane for an extended period of time (okay i'm paranoid). we never had a problem going through.
    Thank you. I thought about it, and decided to try out both possibilities. They'll make me throw away the water from the baby's bottle--no big deal. And I can always buy bottled water past security in those circumstances.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

never had an issue taking water thru security as long as you have the baby with you! DD took her sippee cup of milk thru on the last trip and they just did the paper test and gave it right back.

Well, here is an update. We went through security and didn´t have an issue with water at all. I only took one bottle full of water and they didn´t even question it. I bought 2 big bottles of water once we were past security, and that worked out very well. DH bought purified water and I did some research and that actually doesn´t have fluoride in it. So yay! I think the brand was Aquafina.
    3 year old DD
    2 year old DS

Quote Originally Posted by connor_mommy View Post
    I would but water after security and not deal with the hassle.
    That's what I would do. I had to get rid of every bottle of water we had at every security checkpoint we went through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2