Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

we did a 3 day move with our then 11month old son. All said and done it was 25 hours and he doesn't nap in the car for longer than 30 minutes...ever! We all survived and it wasn't near as bad as I had thought. We too used a DVD player and he was RF, so it can be done Lots of toys, books, music (that he likes) and snacks helped pass the time for us! Good luck and have a good time wiht your mom!

I'll let you know how our Thanksgiving goes. DD is 14 months. We are doing a 10 hours each way trip. Just me, DD and DS (7). I'm planning to do two five hour strechs of driving with a four hour break in the middle at a Chick-fil-A or similar place with an indoor playground where they can exhaust themselves.

Nah, it'll be fine. Just stick to your plan of making it a two-day trip, with plenty of breaks to stretch his legs. Even wandering around the grassy areas of a rest stop will help, just watch out for dog poop! We've done three road trips like that with our DC and we are getting geared up for trips 5, 6 & 7 in the next two months!

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

Heck, If I can do a month-long cross country moving trip with 2 kids under 2 1/2, anyone can do it. Just make you have lots of wine ready at the end.
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

MZS V is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

Another vote for using the portable dvd player hooked onto headrest for a RF DC. Also, as a PP mentioned, my DD is calmer and rests better WITHOUT someone back there beside her. GL!

Mama V
    Psalm 113:9
    DD 09

Lolabee is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We did a 2 1/2 day drive from Chicago to Denver (and then back home again a week later) when the twins were 13 months old. It was hard at times, but definitely doable. We made a lot of stops and tried to drive as much as possible during naptimes and bedtime. We didn't have a portable DVD player, but we did pack lots of kiddie music CDs and sang along with them and they really seemed to enjoy that. I think the best thing to to do is to take your time as much as you can and like I said, be prepared to make a lot of stops to take the baby out of his carseat and get a change of scenery.

Good luck, you can definitely do it!

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I don't think so!!

My sister is driving from Dallas, Texas to Cincinnati, Ohio this Friday/Saturday.
    She has a 2.5 year old and a 4 month old.

I am SOOOO EXCITED!!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2