KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Challenge: Dining area

Time for a new challenge! With Thanksgiving closing in on us, many of us will be hosting dinner that day. Thankfully, not me But, I am sure some of our dining rooms need some love.

I know when we had both a kitchen and dining room table, the dining room table was a big catch-all for clutter: mail, school work, games, anything needing to be out of reach of DS2, etc. We only have 1 table now and it has to be clean by dinner so we can eat! But, at times, I just move the piles to the counter in the kitchen :.

So, the challenge is to ready the dining area for company (whether you're having it or not!). Clear the table, dust the china cabinets, and do whatever it takes to make it a place you can eat and enjoy yourself.

Challenge deadline is Tuesday, Nov. 23, just in time for Thanksgiving!
    Kris

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I need to do this. The dining room table is my work area as well. I need to sort through some paperwork stacked on the side and I think I should remove the greeting cards dating back to Easter that are on the sideboard

We should post the most unusual thing we found in the dining room..

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Does it count if I already did my dining room and just moved it all to my bedroom, lol?

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Great timing - I just started clearing the debris I mean stuff from my dining room.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

How did everyone do?

I cleaned up my work things and put things away that I should have done months ago. Easter cards anyone???

We're not hosting, but it's nice to have a clean dining room.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We don't have a dining table and the dining room has become the holding spot for my deliveries. DH has been off all week so the boxes are just piling up until I have time to open and sort them.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

I did pretty well. We use our dining room daily. There are a few bins of Christmas decorations on the floor. I pulled them out of the garage when I switched it for winter and didn't have a better place to stick the bins for a couple weeks.

I cleared off the piano, which tends to get cluttered.
    Kris

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

A small pile of DS1's birthday debris, CRT princess pictures, and a rainstick from preschool got shoved into a drawer immediately before our party last night. We had MIL's 74th bday at our house (in the dining room) last night with 8 partygoers. We used the good china and wore party hats.

I still need to spend a few minutes cleaning out the drawers of the bedroom dresser that is acting as our china hutch/side board. A few have old Christmas cards and such in them.