Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My favorite Thanksgiving food is candied sweet potatoes...but never with marshmallows. I usually just peel and cut the yams and cook them with orange juice, brown sugar, butter and pumpkin pie spice. Pretty much this (although for a crowd I probably quadruple it):
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/candie...-2/Detail.aspx

The other recipe my family has made every year for as long as I can remember is Ritz Cracker stuffing...
    http://www.foodmaven.com/diary/00000073.html
    It's more or less this recipe, but we also include grated carrots. I don't even want to contemplate how unhealthy it is, but the only time we ever eat it is Thanksgiving.

And since I've already got my food processor out to make the stuffing, I'll whip up some cranberry orange relish
    http://www.cooksrecipes.com/sauce/fr...sh_recipe.html

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My dad's mashed (whipped?) potatoes, maybe. I never eat homemade mashed potatoes during the year, so it's a treat. I also really love sweet potatoes in a caramelized brown sugar/orange juice sauce.

My absolute favorite, though, is mixing a bit of each dish in a bowl the morning after Thanksgiving, stirring it up and eating it. Ha. Gross and delicious all at the same time!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

I love the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes. We brine our turkey and it is so moist it literally spurts. Stuffing, gravy...yum.

This recipe is a hit whenever I make it...people always ask for the recipe. It's delicious and SUPER easy

Corn Souffle

prep time 15 min
    total time 55 min
    makes 16 servings

What You Need

2 Tbsp. butter

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed

1 can (15-1/4 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained

1 can (14.75 oz.) cream-style corn

1 pkg. (8.5 oz.) corn muffin mix

2 eggs, beaten

1 cup KRAFT Shredded Cheddar Cheese

Make It

HEAT oven to 350ºF.
    MICROWAVE butter in medium microwaveable bowl on HIGH 30 sec. or until melted. Stir in cream cheese. Microwave 15 sec. or until cream cheese is softened; stir until cream cheese is completely melted and mixture is well blended. Add next 4 ingredients; mix well.
    POUR into 13x9-inch pan sprayed with cooking spray; top with Cheddar.
    BAKE 40 min. or until golden brown. Cool slightly.

ilfaith is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

What I really love most is the day after Thanksgiving when I make a wrap with the leftover turkey, stuffing and cranberry sauce on a tortilla. Makes me a little sad that we're doing the holiday at our club this year and won't have the leftovers to enjoy. Sometimes I make it with deli turkey breast, Stove Top stuffing and cranberry sauce from a can...good but not quite the same.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH's sweet potatoes w/ marshmallows - I could eat the whole pan and have come close!!!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Broccoli Souffle

Yum Yum Yum! I'll find the recipe and edit with it!

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My dad's cornbread dressing. It's way too complicated for me to deal with..I have the recipe, but if he's still around to make it, I'm deferring to him.

Honestly, I could care less about the turkey, but have been told that I make a nice turkey. Not really a recipe, so much as a method. wash the turkey in cool water, lemon and salt. Put the turkey breast side down on an elevated rack in a roasting dish. Stick oranges, lemons, carrots, and onion inside the cavity...not tight, just a few. rub a bit of butter and salt on the skin. Tent the entire bird. Cook as you normally would. About 1 hour before the bird is done, flip it over so that the breast is facing up and take tent off. That's it! Super easy and super juicy!
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Stuffing. Without question, stuffing, stuffing, and more stuffing. I could eat only stuffing on Turkey Day and be happy. It will certainly wreck the 29 lbs I've lost, as I'm doing no white carbs, but I'll tell ya, I'm lookign forward to it!
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

these all sound awesome ladies thanks!! my IL's cannot cook so i am needing ideas on what to make

dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gobadgers View Post
    On my side of the family, scalloped corn (?) is the all-round family favorite. It is an embarrassing casserole-type dish but we all eat tons of it every Thanksgiving.

Several sleeves of Saltines are ground up in the food processor, mixed together with several cans of creamed corn and a little red pepper, and baked in the oven. I can't say why it's so good, but it definitely is!

needing this recipes please!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast