Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    kijip is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Stuffed mushrooms.

Stuffing.

Cold turkey the day after on fresh bread with mayo and cranberry sauce.
    Katie, mama to a pair of boys.

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Any kind of cranberry sauce. Canned, freshly made traditional sauce, cranberry relish-- it's all good.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

ha98ed14 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Cranberry Sauce with Port and Dried Figs

1 & 2/3 cups ruby Port
    1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
    1/4 cup (packed) golden brown sugar
    8 dried black Mission figs, stemmed, chopped
    1 6-inch long sprig fresh rosemary
    1/4 tsp ground black pepper
    1 12-ounce bag fresh cranberries
    3/4 cup sugar

Combine first 6 ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stiring until sugar dissolves. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes. Discard rosemary. Mix in cranberries and sugar. Cook over medium heat until liquid is slightly reduced and berries burst, stirring occasionally, about 6 minutes. Cool, then transfer to bowl and chill. Can be prepared 1 week ahead. I always make a double recipe of this. For more than four people, I'd triple it. A double uses a full bottle of ruby Port.
    Mommy to my One & Only 05.07

Quote Originally Posted by Melbel View Post
    We use it as a side dish (in lieu of cranberry relish) but it would also work for dessert. It is a family fave and we always get recipe requests if we bring it anywhere. We serve it on Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter (it goes great with either turkey or ham).
    Melbel we made this for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Quote Originally Posted by Jo View Post
    Melbel we made this for Thanksgiving and it was a big hit. Thanks so much for the recipe!
    We also made this for Turkey day and again once since. It was fabulous and very easy, It will be at all our holidays from here on out, thanks Melbel!

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Noticed there are a lot of stuffing addicts here (I'm right there with you!). BIL made this and I was suspicious at first (really, craisins?) but it was FABULOUS! And I mistakenly gave all the leftovers away - to a vegetarian. I was in so much trouble when everyone else went to have some the next day!

Sausage and herb bread stuffing: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/s...lick=recipe_sr

Also, this Cranberry sauce. I don’t even like cranberry sauce and I am a convert.
    Cranberry-Pear relish: http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/c...lick=recipe_sr
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8