lhafer is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Carrier for Disney

I have a 9 month old and we are going to Disney after Thanksgiving. I have an Ergo that I really like. I have only worn her on the front, not the back yet. I was wondering about the rides. Should I look into getting a carrier that can do front facing, so she can still be in the carrier and ride the rides with me facing out?

What carrier would work for this situation? She's probably 18ish pounds. I would need it to accommodate a hefty body (I'm about 250 and 5'7"). I am the only one that wears the carrier. Comfort is the most important factor.

I think the Pikkolo faces out and is comfortable. I have no idea of this, but is it really safe to wear a baby on rides?

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I think the Pikkolo faces out and is comfortable. I have no idea of this, but is it really safe to wear a baby on rides?
    I meant the ones babies were allowed to go on (I think the ones without height restrictions). Like the It's a Small World ride, etc.

We've never been to Disney. Not sure how it works. I figured the baby would be on my lap. Was just wondering if it would be better if she was in a carrier that could face out for that instead. I prefer facing in or back carry, but think she would like to see facing foward on the rides (that I can take her on).

Quote Originally Posted by lhafer View Post
    I meant the ones babies were allowed to go on (I think the ones without height restrictions). Like the It's a Small World ride, etc.

We've never been to Disney. Not sure how it works. I figured the baby would be on my lap. Was just wondering if it would be better if she was in a carrier that could face out for that instead. I prefer facing in or back carry, but think she would like to see facing foward on the rides (that I can take her on).
    I'm sure it is fine, I don't mean to be judgy I was picturing a baby on Space Mountain. I think a pikkolo would be great then because you could face her out on the rides but then switch her to face in or back carry when you are walking around (so much comfier). I am thinking about getting one for DSIL and they look awesome. I'm not sure how they fit for larger mamas. I have an Ergo (and am a larger mama) and love it, but defintiely no outfacing option.

kaharris83 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I have an Ergo (and am a larger mama) and love it, but defintiely no outfacing option.
    Unless your my neighbor. She wears her LO in an Ergo facing outward. Even my DH was like WTH??? I don't even know how she contorts her baby into a position where it doesn't freak out when she puts it outward facing. We're going to WDW in Feb with our almost 7 month old and we plan to bring either our Ergo or Beco and just take him out and put him in our lap while we ride the rides, the ones without height restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    Unless your my neighbor. She wears her LO in an Ergo facing outward. Even my DH was like WTH??? I don't even know how she contorts her baby into a position where it doesn't freak out when she puts it outward facing. We're going to WDW in Feb with our almost 7 month old and we plan to bring either our Ergo or Beco and just take him out and put him in our lap while we ride the rides, the ones without height restrictions.
    My SIL did that when she borrowed my Ergo. I was looking at pictures going "Um....what are you doing?" She only had a bjorn so assumed everything was like that

Quote Originally Posted by kaharris83 View Post
    DUDE, how did she not strain that baby's poor groin muscles?!?!

Yeah, I think I just want a new carrier!! I've had the Ergo for 3 years, and love it. But I was thinking about a Plikkolo just to be able to face her forward on the rides. THought it would be a little easier to have her secured in my lap while facing forward in case I needed to take a hand off of her for some reason. Walking around she would be facing in or on my back. But I don't want to spend the money. I know I could sell it. I rarely see Ergos for sale, much less Becos or Plikkolos.