Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default s/o when did AF return?

This is a s/o from a post in the Lounge. When did your AF return after your DCs were born? Were you still BFing? DD is 7 months old, my AF has not returned. I only nurse DD in the mornings and have been for about a month. I keep thinking she is going to show up but nothing. I know its normal and I'm not worried, but just wondering how long it took for other mamas.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

6 weeks after i gave birth to DS (and i was EBF'ing round the clock, i never supplemented with formula). i had lochia (post-partum bleeding) for 3-4weeks, then i had 1 or 2 weeks off, and then AF was back again (boo!). i was disappointed to say the least since everyone said i'd have at least a few months break from AF bc i was nursing. oh and i was still EBFing when i got pregnant when DS was 6 or 7 mos old.

it seems like my case is unusual though. most people i know get at least 6 months before their AF comes back.

It took 10 months after DD1 and 14(!!!) months after DD2. I was shocked w/DD2 as I stopped pumping at work when she turned 1. For 2 months, I kept waiting for AF to show up. I still nurse once every mornings and once before bed but that seemed too little to keep AF away in my mind. Enjoy it while it's gone!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

8 months. EBF twins. It happened right around the time they both started STTN.

eta: they weaned at 18 months so it wasn't related to weaning. I was bummed. I really thought nursing twins would buy me a few extra "free" months.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 11-18-2010 at 01:20 PM.

I will be watching this with interest because I am still waiting here....DS is almost 10months and is mostly but not exclusively BF, I nurse or pump 3-4 x a day. But I already had wonky cycles before getting pregnant from PCOS so who knows what will happen once he has weaned.
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

DD was EBF (via pumping) for 7 months, then I weaned and completely stopped pumping by 8 months. I didn't get AF until she was 10 months, so 2 months after I completely dried up. Now it's back like clockwork. I agree, enjoy it while its gone!
    Mama to my sweet little girl - 12/2009
    ...and Baby #2 due early August 2012

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD is 8 months & AF hasn't returned. My OB suspects that it won't until after DD weans. Either way, I'm enjoying the reprieve!
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

5 days short of DS turning 11 months (I remember so accurately because it was my Bday, what a gift, uh?). I was still BF, but starting to wean.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am not that lucky either .

With DD1 it came back when she was 3 months old, and she wasn't weaned until she was 4 months old. I did do a combo of breast feeding and formula feeding (but would always pump that missed feeding) and was on the mini pill beginning at 7 weeks so it might have effected that too.

With DD2 it came back when DD2 was 4 months old. DD2 was weaned at 3 months old. I started the mini pill at 6 weeks with her too.

I bet a lot of AF returning is hereditary too as I asked my mom who breast fed all of us siblings for at least six months and she said each time she got it back right around 3 to 4 months.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Beware, I googled this question about 2.5 wks ago. It returned within a couple of days of asking, ugh. Granted 8 months was still very good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast