• Crib from day 1, in LO's separate room

20 12.99%
  • Other...

13 8.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    momm is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Sleeping habits - poll

Just wondering how you mammas handle/ handled newborns and kids sleeping. Poll coming up!

----------------------------------------------------------------

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted the first option, but it was really more like

bassinet-contraption side-carred to the bed
    bassinet set up like a stand-alone in our bedroom
    bassinet in DD's bedroom
    crib in DD's bedroom

I think we made the final transition to her crib when DD was almost 5 months old.

I voted for the first one but what really happened was everytime I tried to put DD down in the bassinette in our room she would scream. In the end, the only place she would sleep for the first 6 weeks of life was a swing. Then she moved into a crib. I had her in our room for the first 4 weeks but then I couldn't get a wink of sleep with her there, so we moved her to her own room (swing and all).

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I voted option 1. DS goes to sleep in a bassinet. But honestly he is brought into our bed by 3 a.m. every night for night nursing.

With DD it was similar but she slept in a swing at the beginning of the night, then our bed.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

the first week or so basinette or bouncy by our bed, then I moved them to our 1/2 bath (ajoins to our room), then to their cribs. Both were in their cribs for at least part of the night by 5-6 wks, I would bring them back to bed to nurse and often forget to put them back in their cribs, lol
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Voted option 1, but once DD transitioned from the crib to a big bed, it's OUR big bed that she's in and not hers.
    DD
    DS

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Voted option 1, but once DD transitioned from the crib to a big bed, it's OUR big bed that she's in and not hers.
    exactly.

The PNP was in our room for the first several months for both DDs. The crib has always been in their room. I didn't have any issues with either girl in the PNP or the transition to the crib.

We weren't necessarily trying to switch DD#1 to her big bed. She was still in the crib when Ha was two weeks old and she became terrified of thunderstorms, which happened nearly every night for a week or so. I was severely sleep deprived, so I brought the two year old into my bed. . . and now that's where she naps and sleeps every night.
    Last edited by MoJo; 11-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted "other." DD didn't really sleep at night, at all, for a long time. She was very colicky and refluxy, and I spent lots and lots of hours rocking and nursing her through the night in the rocker in her room. She did not sleep for a solid hour at night in either the bassinet in our room or in her crib (or the bouncer or the swing) until she was almost 3 months old. Then, (and I know this isn't always popular), the ped. suggested the car seat to keep her upright due to her reflux, and she started sleeping 2 or 3 hours at a time. We did that, in her crib, until she started sleeping better, then she went into her crib. She went to her crib as a toddler bed at 19 months after she became a climber, and has been in a double bed for about 8 months.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I voted crib in own room from the start, but we did try a couple of nights with her in our room. She was just so noisy and I was so hyper alert to every little grunt and squeak that I didn't sleep at all! So, into her own room she went (with the monitor on my nightstand).
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

My kids (all three) wouldn't sleep lying flat as newborns, and my daughter needed constant movement. I ended up getting this, which I'm currently using for my son.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEMQ8wIwAg#

I don't put it in motion for him because he can sleep without the motion, but he still likes to be kind of in infant carseat position all the same. At 8 weeks or so, we'll transition to the crib.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast