• Bed sharing all the way!

17 11.04%
  • Crib from day 1, in LO's separate room

20 12.99%
  • Other...

13 8.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

DD1 slept in the pack n play all of the time from birth to 6 weeks old. She started sleeping in her crib during the day at 6 weeks old. At night she slept in the pack n play until she was 3 mos. old., and then moved to her crib full time. She stayed in her crib until she was 2 yrs. 3 mos. old.

DD2 didn't like the Pack N Play when we first brought her home so she slept in the Uppa Baby Vista bassinet until she was 7 weeks old. She took to her crib for both naps and night time pretty early and has been in there ever since.

ETA: DD2 also loved sleeping in her Nap Nanny!
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-19-2010 at 07:31 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

The plan with DD1 was Arm's Reach co-sleeper in our room but she was too noisy for DH. Plus, I found with both DDs, the first 2 weeks we'd switch off with the girls sleeping on me or him, as they didn't fall asleep if they weren't held. After those first 2 weeks, then they went to the crib in a separate room. That was exhausting for me (getting up from my bed, walking over to another room, and then nursing for 80+ minutes) but DH is such a light sleeper. If we had a third, I'd probably just opt to put a bed in the nursery or sleep with the baby in a different room from DH.

His bed in his room from day one. Of course, I can walk from my bed to his in less than 10 steps. (Tiny house with bedrooms across from one another.)

He did/does occasionally get up to 1-2 hrs in our bed for nursing/calming, but not really all that often. He's always done well in the crib and even goes down for naps with minimal fussing. Last Saturday, he looked relieved when I put him down for his nap!

I voted bed sharing but there's a story behind it! I swore I'd never again start a baby off in my bed, which by nature leads to never getting the kid out of ones bed (unless someone has more umph than I do). DD1 slept with me for-ever. We've played musical bed's in our house since I DD1 was born.

So I got preggo with DD2 and I bought an Arm's Reach AND a Bebecar Stylo pram with the bassinet, figuring she could sleep in the bassinet / or the co-sleeper. In a perfect world that is not mine that would have worked great. I also had a really nice Pak n Play.

With DD2's reflux & sensory issues (EVERYTHING woke her up, just putting her down jostled her) + my being new to breastfeeding, she ended up in my bed. Add to that my super duper fear of newborns not breathing in the night, um yeah-right into the bed!

So, now she's 3.5 and still in the bed. However, I think she would sleep through the night in her own bed but then we'd actually have to try it to see it happen
    Bodyboarding, music loving, clothing upcycler Mom to adult kid1, elementary kid2

I voted 1. But really we used a cosleeper in the bassinet setting for the first 2-3 months and then he went into the crib. Sometimes if its a rough night of him waking up alot he will end up in our bed, but not usually anymore (except for those 5 am wake up calls, then he comes and nurses while I go back to sleep!).
    DS 1/10 "boo-boo"

MoJo is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    Voted option 1, but once DD transitioned from the crib to a big bed, it's OUR big bed that she's in and not hers.
    exactly.

The PNP was in our room for the first several months for both DDs. The crib has always been in their room. I didn't have any issues with either girl in the PNP or the transition to the crib.

We weren't necessarily trying to switch DD#1 to her big bed. She was still in the crib when Ha was two weeks old and she became terrified of thunderstorms, which happened nearly every night for a week or so. I was severely sleep deprived, so I brought the two year old into my bed. . . and now that's where she naps and sleeps every night.
    Last edited by MoJo; 11-19-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Jo

DD#1 "JellyBean" 6/08
    DD#2 "Ha" 6/10

"Theory is great, but as I'm in the trenches of diapers and dishes and ear infections, I try to relax and focus on what's most important: love."--mjs64

DD slept in her pack n' play from day 1 that we were home. It had a bassinet insert that we used until she reached the weight limit, and then she slept in the bottom part of the pack n' play until she was 14 months old. The Pack n' Play was in our room. At 15 months old she moved to her crib in her own room. It was a fairly easy transition.

We are about to convert her crib into a toddler day bed and I'm nervous to see how that goes.
    Angelina
    DD 10/6/08
    DS 9/10/13

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I voted "other." DD didn't really sleep at night, at all, for a long time. She was very colicky and refluxy, and I spent lots and lots of hours rocking and nursing her through the night in the rocker in her room. She did not sleep for a solid hour at night in either the bassinet in our room or in her crib (or the bouncer or the swing) until she was almost 3 months old. Then, (and I know this isn't always popular), the ped. suggested the car seat to keep her upright due to her reflux, and she started sleeping 2 or 3 hours at a time. We did that, in her crib, until she started sleeping better, then she went into her crib. She went to her crib as a toddler bed at 19 months after she became a climber, and has been in a double bed for about 8 months.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

Moneypenny is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I voted crib in own room from the start, but we did try a couple of nights with her in our room. She was just so noisy and I was so hyper alert to every little grunt and squeak that I didn't sleep at all! So, into her own room she went (with the monitor on my nightstand).
    Moneypenny
    DD is 19!

My kids (all three) wouldn't sleep lying flat as newborns, and my daughter needed constant movement. I ended up getting this, which I'm currently using for my son.

http://www.google.com/products/catal...d=0CEMQ8wIwAg#

I don't put it in motion for him because he can sleep without the motion, but he still likes to be kind of in infant carseat position all the same. At 8 weeks or so, we'll transition to the crib.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast