• Bed sharing all the way!

17 11.04%
  • Crib from day 1, in LO's separate room

20 12.99%
  • Other...

13 8.44%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Gena is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS turned out to be a very needy sleeper. So it's gone like this:

First 3 months: bassinet in our room, but often in our bed.
    Next 3 months: crib in own room, but nearly always ended up in our bed.
    Next year and a few months: our bed (we stopped fighting it and and decided to just let everyone get some sleep)
    Before age two: Pack -n- Play next to our bed, to get him used to sleeping alone, with a gradual transition to sleeping in his crib in his own room.
    Next couple of months: DS in crib in his own room, DH and I took turns sleeping on his floor with a hand in the crib.
    A little over 2 years old: twin bed in own room, DH or I in the twin bed for part of the night.
    Ages 3-5: own bed, own room
    Age 6 (current): own bed half the time, comes to our bed half the time.
    Gena

DS, age 11 and always amazing

“Autistics are the ultimate square pegs, and the problem with pounding a square peg into a round hole is not that the hammering is hard work. It's that you're destroying the peg." - Paul Collins, Not Even Wrong

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Both boys co-slept then crib. Ds1 only co-slept 3w before moving to his own crib in his room. He came back at around 8m to our bed for most nights, part of the night till he was 19mo.

Ds2 co-slept till 4-5m then onto his crib. Some co-sleeping here and there til he weaned at 17m.

Beth

Co-sleeping all the way and I'll do it again.

We both really enjoyed it and we both sleep better (well, we both actually *sleep*) this way. I think co-sleeping helped me with BF, which was off to a terrible start. I also really like the fact that she is close to me, that I always know whether she's cold or hot or rolled on her belly, or her nose is stuffed, I can see her, I can hear her breathing. I know, I am paranoid but I can't help it. She's growing so quickly and I'm sure I'll always cherish these memories of sleeping with my baby.

We started in a bassinet in our room for the first 5 days but that did not go well at all. She ended up in our bed on day 6 and we never looked back.

Yeah, she still does not sleep through the night and yeah, she loves to nurse at night but she seems to be a perfectly well rested, happy and healthy baby and I am reasonably well rested mama. My big plan is to transition her to her crib by 18 months. We'll see how that goes.
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012

We cosleep/share the family bed and have the Arms Reach attached from day one, until about 1 year old. We sleep with baby in our bed (which is so awesome for nursing!) but if I want some extra space or to spread out more then I scootch baby on over into the Arms Reach cosleeper. Baby comes back and forth into bed for nursing and snuggles. It's nice to have the option of the Arms Reach for extra space.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

we moved ds out of our room at 7 months, he has always slept in his crib from day 1 but with ebfing there were many nights mommy couldnt get up to put him back in bed

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I voted crib on day 1, but it was actually day 2. We had planned to keep her in our room in a bassinet for a month or two. It was record breaking cold when we brought her home, and the only place for a bassinet was by a window. DH was concerned about it, so we moved her. Turned out to be a great choice for all of us - she was a noisy sleeper, so I didn't have to hear every grunt and snuffle... and we never had to transition her out of our bed/room.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

i voted other. first 6weeks he slept in either a bassinet or in the arm's reach cosleeper. to be honest though i didn't really like having him sleep in our room, i would wake up and get anxious with every noise/cry he made. at 6weeks he got too big for a bassinet/cossleeper anyway and moved right to the crib, and it was so much better!! at 2mos he started sleeping all naps in nap nanny (crib was nighttime use only). around 6-7mos tho he got too big for nap nanny so he only slept in crib.

the first week or so basinette or bouncy by our bed, then I moved them to our 1/2 bath (ajoins to our room), then to their cribs. Both were in their cribs for at least part of the night by 5-6 wks, I would bring them back to bed to nurse and often forget to put them back in their cribs, lol
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We used the Bugaboo bassinet until 2-2.5m, then straight into the crib across the hall. DS1 asked me yesterday if he could sleep in it again. He just turned 3.

Raidra is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our kids have all followed the same pattern:

In our bed exclusively for the first few weeks, then
    A combo of in our bed and in the crib, which is side-carred until about 6 months, then
    In the crib, still in our room, but not next to our bed until after 12 months, then
    Mattress on the floor in our room until 15-18 months, then
    Big kid bed in the kids' room.

We're not ready to move the crib away from our bed yet with Niall, though.. even though he's super heavy, he's up a LOT at night and I don't want to have to keep getting in and out of bed.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast