Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amm40 View Post
    Oh, thanks! I've been close to tears several times due to the painful burning stretching feeling that made no sense given my c-section, and lube only made things messier. 6 months past weaning, its finally bearable. Your explanation hits it right on the head. Why didn't my GYN know about this elasticity theory?
    Some aren't as familiar with the issue, some don't take women's bodies as seriously (and I know many women who had csections who had pain during sex b/c it's not always a vaginal birth issue, it's often a hormonal issue). A good vaginal moisturizer (vs. just regular lube) will help matters but in terms of being fully resolved it takes awhile so your hormones can readjust. i'm glad things are better for you now though!
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

I'm 3 weeks PP right now and I'd rather do just about anything other than sex, so I am really in awe of this post! I had a lot of painful dryness when we tried after my middle child was born and I remember getting a script for a hormonal creme (Estro something), not just OTC lube. Not only that, but I couldn't possibly feel less sexy!! Leaky, lumpy, still spotting, stress-acne, bags under my eyes...even if DH swears I'm as cute as ever! But if you're ready, enjoy!!
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

Quote Originally Posted by luckytwenty View Post
    I'm 3 weeks PP right now and I'd rather do just about anything other than sex, so I am really in awe of this post! I had a lot of painful dryness when we tried after my middle child was born and I remember getting a script for a hormonal creme (Estro something), not just OTC lube. Not only that, but I couldn't possibly feel less sexy!! Leaky, lumpy, still spotting, stress-acne, bags under my eyes...even if DH swears I'm as cute as ever! But if you're ready, enjoy!!
    LOL. I'm giving a lot of credit to my son's 13 inch head and his torpedo-like delivery. I'd say he did as little damage as possible in a vaginal delivery. As for feeling sexy, I don't know how to explain it. I'm just so impressed with what my body was able to do, that I don't mind the battle scars so much. I'm not embarrassed by them; DH doesn't seem put off. I'm within 3 lbs of my pre-pregnancy weight, so that's not too much of an issue. I am trying to lose around 15lbs, but I needed to do that before.

I guess I just feel...like myself, only more powerful. Also, I've had lots of baby care support from my mom and DH, so I feel fairly well rested. I'm sure that has a lot to do with it!
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Katigre View Post
    Some aren't as familiar with the issue, some don't take women's bodies as seriously (and I know many women who had csections who had pain during sex b/c it's not always a vaginal birth issue, it's often a hormonal issue). A good vaginal moisturizer (vs. just regular lube) will help matters but in terms of being fully resolved it takes awhile so your hormones can readjust. i'm glad things are better for you now though!
    The tissues can also atrophy, which is what happened to me. My doctor was able to prescribe an estrogen cream and within a week, things were much better and after 6 weeks, completely back to normal.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3