Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default ISO affordable, non-smelly night cream

I'm on the hunt for some night cream. LOVED my skinceuticals, but it is gone and the wallet says it cannot be replaced. I grabbed some Olay thing today, but the smell of it is giving me a headache. I'm old so it needs to be like a miracle in a jar. TIA!

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cerave? I use that, or pure jojoba oil depending on my mood.

Can you describe the cerave? Is it okay for sensitive skin?

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Can you describe the cerave? Is it okay for sensitive skin?
    Absolutely. Dermatologists routinely recommend Cerave and Vanicream for babies with eczema.

I tend to like Cerave a bit better (though both are great for dry skin) because Cerave REALLY absorbs nicely, doesn't feel greasy, and has no odor. Vanicream is a bit thicker and greasier and has a slight odor. It absorbs well, but it takes more effort to rub it in. Neither are marketed as facial night creams. But I use them on my face (and everywhere else, and all over my girls too). It is fantastic stuff.

The jojoba oil is nice (BBB recommended) too - it's light and absorbs nicely and doesn't leave a greasy feel if you work it in well (and right after a shower or bath). And totally budget-friendly. I use this most nights. I use Cerave or Vanicream if the air is especially dry.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 11-21-2010 at 12:01 AM.

We have vanicream for DS1's skin. Does it feel weird to have regular lotion on your face? i thought it needed to be special to be on the face. Hmmm...

Try it and see I think that Cerave and Vanicream are considered creams, which are a step up from lotions in terms of being helpful for dry skin (ointments are considered most helpful but most people don't use them because of the heavy greasy feel - imagine smearing Aquaphor on your face every night)

My opinion is that all those facial lotion/cream makers are making big bucks off of marketing. The key to healthy skin is keeping it well moisturized and protected from the sun. FWIW my dermatologist friend uses Vanicream on her face every day and night.

Just thought of something - if you try it (and like it) and want to make it feel more luxurious, you could mix a drop or two of your favorite essential oil into the tub!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

cerave is great. dh's derm prescribed it for his super-dry skin. it has no odor at all and does not feel greasy whatsoever. we put it on ds sometimes too in the winter since his skin can get really dry.

Any other recommendations for facial night creams for an old lady?

LMPC is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This old lady likes Burts Bees overnight cream (with Royal Jelly...I don't know what that is, but it makes me laugh!). I don't remember thinking it was super cheap, but cheaper than most. On my eyes, I use Keihl's -- I try and weasel as many free samples from their counter as possible. I use the one with avocado, even though it has parabens in it
    Mommy to a total chatterbox
    DD now tells me she prefers to be known as a
    DD 10/08

bigpassport is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Have you tried Ebay? I got a $90 jar of Lancome Renergie Night for $40 and it is lasting me over a year. What I did was go to the cosmetic counter at Nordstrom and got some samples of what I wanted to try (Nordstrom because they will make you a generous little sample jar that will be plenty for a week) and then went on Ebay to find a deal.
    Lee
    DS 06/09
    Expecting b/b twins via adoption, Summer 2013

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast