dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default anyone else obsessed with skin ID?

i have been battling acne for sooooooooo long and have tried everything until skin id. oh my gosh. i have seen results so fast. i would rec. to everyone!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dec756 View Post
    i have been battling acne for sooooooooo long and have tried everything until skin id. oh my gosh. i have seen results so fast. i would rec. to everyone!!!
    Really? Tell me about it. My dd has been battling acne for a year and a half. The derm wants to put her on an oral antibiotic for a month and I'm not so happy about that. She's tried so many rx gels and creams.

Is it available in B&M or online only?
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

dec756 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

skinid.com online or by phone. you have to take the evaluation test online and they will determine your formula (17, 40, 80 for example). obviously your daughter would have to do her own test. its AMAZING! right now you get some free gifts too and make sure to use codes you can find by searching retailmenot.com i am soooo happy!!! my skin looks at least 50% better after less than two weeks....

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The derm wants to put her on an oral antibiotic for a month and I'm not so happy about that.
    Slight barge....but you might want to give it a try. For some people (including me!) it makes a huge difference, as the acne is systemically caused rather than just hormones/clogged pores/etc. I was on a low dose of tetracycline for a long time (a couple of years maybe) as a teenager, and went from 'kinda typical acne' to 'once in a while a pimple'. As an adult, I've had periodic eruptions of cystic acne (not terrible, but if I have more than one, I know more friends will soon arrive without treatment) - and a 2-4 week course makes it go away when nothing else does.

Tetracycline is rarely used for most infections any more, so it's not as much of a problem in the antibiotic resistance thing. IIRC, it's also a low dose compared to a lot of thing (not positive on this one - obviously you need to research.)

I'm so glad it's working for you!

While I don't have bad acne, it was persistent and was gradually getting worse. My issues were a lot of bumpy congestion and breakouts alone the jawline and chin. I assume there is a big hormonal component based on that, and the fact that during my last two trimesters of all three pregnancies my skin has been perfect like a 7 year old, lol.

That being said, I found this website and became a long distance client. My skin looks so awesome now, I don't even have to think about it. They designed a routine for me, and I have been following it to the T.

www.facerealityskincare.com

I'm not affiliated. I found out about them on an other message board.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009