wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default 11mo is nursing like a newborn. HELP! xpost

xposted to sleep and kid food...not sure what my issue is.

Ugh, I'm exhausted. For the past 3 days my 11mo has been nursing like a newborn at night...up every 2hrs, sometimes more often. Worst yet, she isn't eating as many solids as she has been. She is usually consistent about having a full yogurt for breakfast, a jar of puree for lunch and dinner (usually with cereal) plus snacks, finger foods, etc. But for the last few days she isn't finishing anything I offer. I don't think it's a growth spurt. I thinking maybe it's teething...working on her molars...or even separation anxiety. Sometimes she's only asleep 20mins before she wakes up screaming so I know she can't be hungry, but the only thing that settles her is my boob. This is happening at naptimes too. She used to be a great sleeper.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I was just coming to post pretty much the exact same thing about my <15 month old. We've had a week of horrible nights--screaming, flailing around, unable to stay asleep for more than 10 minutes--and the only thing that settles her is constant nursing. My DD also isn't eating much solid food during the day. It must be teething, right? I will be watching this thread closely for suggestions!
    Hallie
    DS #1 5/02
    DS #2 1/05
    DD 8/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Glad I'm not alone!

Think I'm going to go surf the archives for my posts from when DD1 was this age and see if I posted the same thing back then.

ETA: found this post in another forum I used to frequent from when DD1 was this age. Looks like there's some short-wiring that happens at 11mos of age!

Tired of it taking an hour to get DD down for a nap or bed at night.
    Tired of her dozing off in my arms only to spring awake and crawl like a mad woman the minute her little body hits the crib mattress.
    Tired of her waking up 3 times a night.
    Tired of her wanting to start the day at 5am.
    Tired of DH not being able to get her back to sleep during those middle of the night wakings.
    I'm just freakin tired and the exhaustion is whittling away what little patience I have left.

DD (11mos) used to be a good sleeper/napper. But lately, OMG, I feel like someone secretly replaced my child with another. I used to be able to a nice drowsy state, plop her down in the crib awake, walk away, and have a peaceful sleeping child in a matter of minutes who'd only wake once or twice during the night. We've read Pantley, but honestly, we were already doing most of the suggestions. She gets 2 good long naps, she goes to bed at 7, she has a lovey, we have a sleep routine, she's used to falling asleep w/out a nipple in her mouth, we switch up how we soothe her (rock, walk, nurse), we keep the lights off/dim, etc.

I'm sure this is all a phase caused by teething or some new milestone in the works and that it will pass. I'm just hoping it passes sooner rather than later!! Thanks for letting me vent.
    Last edited by wendibird22; 11-22-2010 at 12:12 PM.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.