Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have any experience with Complex Hyperplasia?

In the middle of everything else I have going on, I've learned that I have endometrial hyperplasia. It was simple hyperplasia after a biopsy earlier this year, but I had a follow-up biopsy last week (completely utterly painful, BTW, and that's saying something for the girl that survived a big-ass kidney stone), and the endometrial lining is now thicker and not righting itself. I do *not* have atypical cells. So, completely benign. But, I'm assured by my GYN, as well as the research I've done, that it does need to be treated. That treatment is basically the pill (progesterone only). I do not like hormonal treatments, I don't want to be on one, and it worries me a bit. But, I'll be doing it. Three months of low dose progesterone every day. Then I get to go thru yet a thrid biopsy, lucky lucky me. Anyway, wondering if anyone's been thru this and can share any good information or advice. Being overweight is a huge risk factor for cancer when you're diagnosed with complex hyperplasia. I've lost 29 lbs. to date in the last ~150 days. I'm going to make big efforts to continue to stay on that horse.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

No BTDT, but I just wanted to say I hope everything goes smoothly and nothing is found on the 3rd biopsy. And, congratulations on the 29 lbs weight loss!!!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Thanks, Sally :-)

My mom actually just had something that sounds similar (well, at least the biopsies & treatment. I'll have to ask her if that's what it was called & for more info.
    Kudos on the weight loss!
    ~Shanamama

Mommy's girl- 10 years old!!
    Daddy's girl- turning 7!!
    monkey boy- 3 years old now!!

Wacky typos brought to you by autocorrect.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have no experience, Hil, but just wanted to send you some hugs. I'm so sorry.

ETA: and, yay you on the weightloss!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Way to go on the weight loss! Wish I had some words of wisdom for the complex hyperplasia but I don't. Hope you can get some BTDT experience.
    DD
    DS

Thanks, guys. The pretzel m&m's aren't helping. I've done better than in these last two weeks. But overall, I'm on a good road,here, and am doing what I can to really stick to it.

I am trying not to freak out on the hyperplasia. I'm actually more concerned about the progesterone than I am about the condition. I just need to research it more, but I was really hoping to get some BTDT thoughts. I think I'm really just not processing it yet. It's like, oh ... ok, endometrial hyperplasia? It's on the list. Pay bills, on the list. Hanukkah party planning, on the list. Uterine crap, on the list. Put away Halloween decorations (yeah), on the list. Call Walgreens to get them to call GYN for my progesterone prescription, on the list. Upload Oliver photos, on the list. It's just lost in a sea of stuff I have to do. I think I'm purposely losing it in the sea.

I don't know anything about hyperplasia either, but I just wanted to send you some and say about the weight loss so far!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry you're having do deal with this. No advice, but thinking of you.

Oh, man, so sorry you're having to go through this but

WAY TO GO, HILS, on that phenomenal weight loss!!!

Hugs to you. LMK if you need anything.
    -Ivy

Parenting two active, wonderful boys

This is your world. Shape it or someone else will. -Gary Lew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast