Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I totally agree that there is a variation between individual pairs. I tried them on at a few stores before I found a pair that I felt fit right. I definitely don't have a finger's width, but way more than a slip of paper.

I normally wear a 7.5 - 8 and wear a size 39 Dansko. I've been wanting to order from 6pm for ages but haven't because I just know that I won't get a pair that fit right. I was totally frustrated with shopping for them for quite a while but finally bit the bullet. I'm so, so glad that I did, I love them!

wellyes is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

That's just the way they are. I think it's a love it or hate it kind of thing.... I never really liked mine.
    DD - 8
    DS - 5

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am totally late to the game on Danskos and they are by far my fav shoes. I recommend sizing up to 42. I have two pairs of the professional, each fit different. I wear 8.5 and the 39s are fine. I got a pair with the strap across and the 39s were way tooo tight.

Thanks ladies! I am getting used to them. I wore them around the house for few hours before wearing them shopping at Target, and then again on T-day. Now I am at the point where the size feels totally fine (I am wearing my midweight socks instead of my thinner ones, so they feel better on)--but I am still getting used to the feel of walking 2" above the ground versus flat on it in my tennis shoes. That's a bit tricky, and I keep feeling like I am going to twist my ankle. Not sure that it's safe to wear this if you have to chase after small children!
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by daisymommy View Post
    Thanks ladies! I am getting used to them. I wore them around the house for few hours before wearing them shopping at Target, and then again on T-day. Now I am at the point where the size feels totally fine (I am wearing my midweight socks instead of my thinner ones, so they feel better on)--but I am still getting used to the feel of walking 2" above the ground versus flat on it in my tennis shoes. That's a bit tricky, and I keep feeling like I am going to twist my ankle. Not sure that it's safe to wear this if you have to chase after small children!
    If it makes you feel any better I am one of the clumsiest people around, really, and I have never had a Dansko clog induced incident! Enjoy them, they really are great.
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

I was at the Costco in Camas, WA last weekend and saw the Dansko professional on sale! $69 I believe. They only have size 38 and 39 in black and maroon. Unfortunately, I wear a 37 Good luck hunting!

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sunchip View Post
    I was at the Costco in Camas, WA last weekend and saw the Dansko professional on sale! $69 I believe. They only have size 38 and 39 in black and maroon. Unfortunately, I wear a 37 Good luck hunting!
    Whaaaat Costco had some Danskos? HMMM.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

liamsmom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just found this thread! I have a pair of plain black Danskos in size 39. I usually wear a size 9, lol, maybe 8.5 depending on the shoe. I still have the room at the back of the heel and can fit my finger inside. It takes some getting used to.

I am a klutz, but sometimes I do find Danskos a little "tipsy." Like the soles are a little smaller that the top of the shoe. I know that sounds a little weird. You just have to be mindful how you step sometimes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2