Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default How are Dansko clogs supposed to fit?

I remember reading that Dansko clogs should fit so that your heel can rise up and down inside them.

So, when you have your foot in the shoe, how much room is there between the back of your heel and the shoe? Just enough to slip a sheet of paper between them, or a whole finger width gap?

I am returning one pair because they are too tight and hurt my feet. But the next size up I can fit a finger behind my heel, and that just feels too big and loose--is that how it's supposed to be?
    When I walk, they do stay on, my heel slips up and down, but it feels like I am wearing backless clogs--big clogs at that. Will I just get used to it, or should I return them too and give up?
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

anamika is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would like to know too
    I keep wanting to buy clogs but they never seem to fit right.
    “Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

I wear them all the time. I have a full finger width back there, and they are comfy as can be. My heel does move, less than with a backless clog, but some movement. They shouldn't be tight at all. My normal shoe size is 7 or 7.5, and I wear a 38 in Danskos
    Tarah
    Mama to the Forrest Creature 3/04 and Baby Ber 4/07
    "All true wealth is biological" Cordelia Naismith Vorkosigan

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I agree w/tarahsolazy. I usually wear an 8 and I take a 39 in Dansko. It takes some getting used to, but they are oh so comfy once you do. 6pm.com has a deal on the professional clog tiger's eye pattern (two choices) for $69.95 today.
    http://www.6pm.com/product/7782198/color/245196

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

One thing to think about with Danskos is that there is quite a bit of variation from pair to pair even within the same size. So if one pair seems too snug, especially across the top of the foot, try on another pair in that size as well as going up a size.

I'm a size 7 and I wear a 38 also but my first pair is a lot more snug across the top than my current favorite pair. So it definitely pays to try on a few pair.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

When I purchased my Danskos at a local European Walking Store they were able to stretch them so that they better fit me. I have somewhere between a finger and a sheet of paper's amount of space in the back of mine.

I am seriously missing my black patent leather danskos (that my dog ate) so I've been stalking all the sites to try and find a deal.

Ang

Thanks. When I say too tight on the 41 size, my heel cannot move at all. It's wedged in there and hurts to walk. But with the 42 size, I can stick a whole finger down between the back of the shoe and my heel. I wasn't sure if that was too much. And the closest store to me that sells them is an hour away, so I do my shopping online.
    Mama to "The Fantastic Four":
    DS 02
    DD 06
    DS 09
    DD 12

jerigirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

A finger width behind the heel sounds ok to me. So tight that your heel doesn't move is too small.
    jeri
    DS 6/10/06
    DS2 9/1/10

I have a few pairs of Danko's and every time I buy them I try on more than one pair of the same style/ size and end up choosing ones from different boxes. I don't think their sizing is very consistent.

Erin
    DS 8/05
    DD 1/08
    DS 3/11

nupe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm a size 8.5. For years I have tried many pairs of danskos and had trouble because i'm in between 38 and 39 in the professional. The best solution I had was to get the mary jane style in 39, and wear them with thick athletic style socks.

Once I bought 38's that ran big (and were marked as such in the description), from online and they were comfy too.
    Nupe
    DS1 2004
    DS2 2007

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast