atx is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default What swing is best for naps?

Hello

I have a 5wk old little girl. She's a decent mapper but I think I'd like to get her a swing for times when she's tired and fussy and just needs to be lulled to sleep. We were gifted a Mamaroo but the motions are so small, it really does nothing for her so we're going to sell it and get a swing. What swings are recommended that have a nice big swinging motion? Also, is there a big disadvantage to those that take batteries other than the obvious need for replacements? I've heard good things about the my little lamb swing but I think that's one that uses batteries. Any advice is appreciated.

We have this: http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Z...1059974&sr=8-1

It was the only thing DD would sleep in for the first 6 weeks so it was used A LOT. It plugs into the wall which is a huge savings on batteries and also means that it didn't lose power in the swing as the batteries would draw down.

Default Graco Lovin Hug Plug-in Swing - Hamilton

We had the Graco Lovin Hug Plug-in Swing - Hamilton, using it for 3 months every day for naps, all-night long--since our DD would only sleep in a swing! We are in the process of training her to sleep in the crib since she will be getting too big for it in another month or so. Anyway, we loved this swing. It plays white noise, classical music, has a timer for the swing, and plugs in.