Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    srhs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DrSally View Post
    I got some of the Africa's best oil, keep it in the shower, and just put a few drops on after turning off the water, then pat dry. It's pretty moisturizing, but not oily if you don't put too much on. I don't find the smell strong. I checked out Neutrogena sesame body oil and it has a lot of perservatives. This has no preservatives (hope it doesn't go rancid). In the winter, I have to use so much lotion to be properly moisturized, so just using a few drops of oil is nice. I get a pimple on my back, so not sure if it's from that. I just don't use it on my upper back now. Anyway, thanks for the recommendation!
    YAY! so glad you like it! I'd be surprised if the pimple is from that, but you never know. It is oily, after all.
    We traveled to my parents', and none of her stores carried it, was such a bummer to go back to lotion-slathering. Too time consuming!

Oh, and no rancid issues here!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm really grateful for the suggestion. You use so little for a lot of moisturization. Even after slathering on handfuls of lotion, it seems to evaporate and not leave my skin as moisturized as I'd like. I do get the random pimple on my upper back, so the oil may exacerbate that. I'm just not going to use it on my upper back from now on and that should solve the problem. I would totally use it on the kids, but for the walnut oil.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I bought it too and really like it. I like the soft scent and it doesn't feel oily at all. While it is another step to my morning routine it is much quicker than trying to rub in a thick cream and it actually helps me towel dry quicker so it isn't a huge time sucker in the morning. I do still have some dry skin but it isn't flakey and itchy. Thanks!!!!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

KHF is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Just as an FYI, I was doing a bit of research on this, thinking I might get some to try, and it appears they've changed the formula. I found this link: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/foru...il-has-changed to a message board where some are talking about it. Apparently the "fragrance" added is no longer the last ingredient, but the second one on the list...and they've added some other things as well.

Just something to check for if those things matter to you!
    DD - 2005
    DS - 2008

Quote Originally Posted by KHF View Post
    Just as an FYI, I was doing a bit of research on this, thinking I might get some to try, and it appears they've changed the formula. I found this link: http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/foru...il-has-changed to a message board where some are talking about it. Apparently the "fragrance" added is no longer the last ingredient, but the second one on the list...and they've added some other things as well.

Oh no! I really wouldn't want it any more fragranced than it is now. Plus, fragrance can be a skin irritant. I'll have to check out the other ingred. Maybe I should go to Walgreens and get the last of the old bottles.

ETA: I just looked at the new ingred. Hydroquonine is the 4th ingred. That's a powerful skin bleaching ingred. No way I'd want to put that all over my whole body.
    Last edited by DrSally; 01-07-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KHF View Post

Boo! Glad I got an old formula.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Hey gals, I'm down to my last 2 bottles of the old formula. Has anyone had any luck finding the old formula either online or at a store? I'm feeling panicky!!
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Is this the old one (at 7 x's the price)?
    http://www.amazon.com/Africas-Best-H...1044458&sr=8-2

I saw that, but I don't want to order if I'm just going to get the new one, KWIM? Who knows if they just haven't updated their pic/info.

ETA: I emailed the seller and will report on the answer I get. I would still be willing to pay that amount for such a great product.
    Last edited by DrSally; 07-18-2011 at 11:21 PM.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

And I would be willing to try it for my dry sensitive skin! Let me know what you find out because right now NOTHING is working! TIA!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast