Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by reneed View Post
    And I would be willing to try it for my dry sensitive skin! Let me know what you find out because right now NOTHING is working! TIA!
    It is THE BEST. It used to be avail for like $2 at Walgreens. Too bad they had to change it. I'll let you know what I find out. Otherwise, have you tried vanicream (the cream, not the lotion?)
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

reneed is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I was afraid to try it. My derm gave me lachydrin years ago and I hated the smell and stickness plus it irritated my skin and I assumed it was similar. I use Cetaphil cream on really wet skin and while it's great - it's a pain to do....it takes forever to dry. I love the idea of an oil....just seems so much easier!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by srhs View Post
    Not exactly what you are looking for, but I this $2 product recommended to me here. (I need to look that BBBer up and heartily thank her.)

I did not have time to towel dry and lotion either, but I do have time to slather on this herbal oil before toweling off. Love it! It is in the ethnic section, and full of natural oils, no icky parabens or anything like that.

If you are messy with it, it is not good for your pipes or the slickness of your shower floor, but it's a thick enough oil for you to prevent that from happening if you are careful.
    I also picked some up after reading about it here and it's great! I am too lazy to use it constantly but definitely when my skin is super dry. I'm sure I will use it more once it's fall.

ETA: Oh man, I see what you guys are saying about the formula changing. THIS ALWAYS HAPPENS TO GOOD CHEAP PRODUCTS. I will check my Walgreen.
    Last edited by Melaine; 07-19-2011 at 06:04 AM.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

OK, the one sold by Beauty 911 on Amazon is the old formulation. They told me to order now, though, b/c they have a limited supply. I just can't stomach the cost w/shipping included. I ran into Sally's Beauty supply and they do not carry that brand, but they had 2 other brands of oil targeted toward AA hair. The ingred list looked very similar. Africa Royale or something like that. They said that Africa's best is actually a knock off of the brands they carry. The 2 brands were $3-$4. So, I think I'll try one of those before paying $10 a bottle for the old Africa's best.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4