Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default **Found one** Please help!!! What kind of dress do I wear to this?

So I spent the morning at Nordstrom's today and tried on about 25 dresses!!! I ended up getting this one (3rd one from my list) ~ http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3093961?...esultback=5709

It fits perfectly and I love the way it looks. I really wanted to try the ruffled one but none of the Nordstroms around me have it in store and there's not enough time to order it.

Thanks for the help

DH and I were invited to a fundraising event this Thursday and I have no idea what I should wear. It is a Sarah Jones performance followed by a cocktail hour with Sarah Jones, hor d'oeuvres by chef Lydia Shire and a silent auction fundraiser. There will be quite a few celebrities and many very wealthy people. I have to go shopping for a dress this week and have no clue what to get. We have Nordstrom's, Lord & Taylor, Macy's, etc nearby. What would be my best bet?

Thank you!!!
    Last edited by billysmommy; 11-29-2010 at 12:55 PM.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Maybe call Nordstrom and set up a personal shopper with the event description and see what she suggests? I would think a cocktail dress.

Catherine

Cocktail dress from Nordstrom. If you feel you need help, set up an appointment with a personal shopper. It is a complimentary service.

If you want suggestions of specific dresses, give us your likes/Dislikes. I love posts like these I think a lot of us do.

Good luck, sounds fun!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

I think all fit the bill. But since it's holiday time you could go for some color, to liven things up. I like the first one, because the cut is universally flattering. I like the last because it has a little va-voom. I'm always jealous because I can't wear something halter-y like that, I'm too busty. The other two aren't especially my style, but I think they're totally fine, it's just a matter of personal taste.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I agree with cocktail dress from Nordstrom.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

jenfromnj is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think they're all very lovely and totally appropriate for that kind of event! I agree with TwinFoxes that a little color or sparkle might be nice for this time of year, but I am partial to black dresses for formal events, so I totally understand you gravitating toward black.
    Last edited by jenfromnj; 11-28-2010 at 11:27 PM.

DrSally is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I like all of them, except prob the Adrianna Papell dress. Sometimes a big skirt can overwhelm a shorter/smaller body. You'll get a better feel once you try some one, but it doesn't hurt to do some searching online first.
    Sally

My Joyful DS
    My Lovely DD

Please excuse the typos. Getting used to a virtual keyboard

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I like the 1st Nordstrom one the best out of the ones you picked. But all ave potential! Id probably be a bit self conscious in the halter one unless it fit just right- I wouldn't want any worries about too much cleavage to nag at me at the party.

Agree though, cocktail style is key.

Beth

I like the first and second one you posted. The second one is classy, but a little fun too.

I agree that some sparkle or color would be nice, but you can't go wrong with black.

Sounds like a really fun evening. Enjoy!
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast