Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Nope. I just cut down to 1-2 caffeinated drinks a day.
    Beaming mom to DS born 10/20/2010.
    The Force is strong with this one.

Where the Army sends us...today it's Washington

Yes, but I was only having a coffee once a week and almost never drank soda.
    -Lauren

DS 3/08
    DD 3/09

Lolabee is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    My favorite phrase was.... Your pregnancy is not a disease. Eat healthy and in moderation and enjoy your pregnancy.
    I love this, it's so true!

When I was pregnant 6 years ago with my twins I had already cut everything (caffeine, artificial ingredients of any kind, sushi, non-organic, etc) out of my diet because of my IVF cycling. So once I was finally pregnant I decided to keet it up out of fear and paranoia that something might still go wrong. With my most recent pregnancy I was a lot more relaxed (he was a FET baby, so not quite so much involved) and I allowed myself one cup of caffeinated tea or coffee a day. I also relaxed my diet quite a bit after the first trimester and had a glass of wine or some sushi or whatever from time to time. My OB was always fully supportive and encouraged me to enjoy the things I was missing in moderation.

Nope. Dr said 1-2 cups a day is fine.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

God no! I am not a coffee drinker anyways, but I like Diet coke. I let myself have 1 a day.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Nope. I don't drink coffee, but I drink about 2-3 cups of tea with milk a day. And then there are days I'm craving for a coke or a soda and would take a few sips but not an entire can.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

edurnemk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I LOOOOOVE coffee, but I did cut it out entirely. It wasn't as hard as I thought since the smell of coffee made me nauseous during the first trimester.

I did have an occasional half can of coke (since it helped calm down the nausea during the first trimester) and my childless SIL made some comments like "I thought you weren't supposed to have caffeine". On the other hand other people would comment the opposite and say I was being paranoid and of course I could have some coffee. I just decided to ignore people's comments and opinions, everyone thinks they're an expert but only you know what suits you best. The only opinion I ever took seriously was my Dr.'s

During the second and third trimester I'd have an occasional cup of hot cocoa, and that was all the caffeine I'd get. Many of my friends were given the OK to have one cup a day, but I preferred to cut it out almost entirely.
    DS 1/08
    DD 7/2012

BabyH is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I got the Half-Caff k-cups from Green Mountain and had one in the morning. Almost every afternoon though, I needed a Coke!

I limited caffeine but did not cut it out completely. I still allowed myself a little tea and chocolate.

ETA: My friends who had no kids were horrified when they saw me drinking a cup of tea too. I remember feeling very guilty. Guess what - those very same friends are pregnant now and do allow themselves a cup of coffee or tea sometimes.
    Last edited by Kira's Mommy; 11-29-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    DD February 2010
    DS January 2012

AshleyAnn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I did for the most part. I accidentally had about half a bottle of caffinated soda during the first trimester and paniced. I followed it with a gallon of water which made me puke most it up. By the third trimester I'm sure i had a sip or two here or there but never coffee and anything carbinated made my acid reflux go crazy so no soda.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast