Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Heck no! I keep it under the reccommended max and that's it. There is no reason to cut it completely unless it is what you want to do. I fully enjoy my morning coffee. Not a soda drinker though.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

I didn't drink any coffee or drink any soda. I did have an occasional cup of tea and chocolate though. So not 100%. Cutting the coffee was really hard but now that I am free of the addiction, I am trying not to start again.

No. Oddly enough, I do not drink caffeine while not pregnant, other than the odd cup of tea here and there, and maybe a soda 1x/mo. But I craved coffee while pregnant and had about a 1/2 cup every morning.
    mommy to DS who is 9
    DD who is 6
    and my girl in heaven

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Nope. When I was pregnant with my first, I did the math and realized that a 16oz double latte has about the same amount of caffeine as an 8 oz drip coffee (a little less actually). So I didn't worry about it. Heck, sometimes I'd even spring for the 20oz triple latte.
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Nechums is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I cut it out during my first trimester. Only because in case I did have a miscarriage, I didn't want to have to second guess my decision to drink caffeine. I am now 21 weeks and happily drinking my one cup a day.
    Proud mom to
    DS1, Sept 2008
    DS2, Apr 2011
    DD, Oct 2012

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I cut out the soda (not a big tea or coffee drinker) but the doctor wanted me to gain weight (!!) so she had me drinking chocolate ensure (or whatever) and chocolate milkshakes (McD's on the way into work)
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I allowed myself 1 coffee or pop a day. I had hyperemesis though for all of my pregnancies, so if I could actually eat/drink something, I did it w/o much guilt.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

spanannie is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I cut out caffeine 100% with my first child. I also completely cut out artificial sweeteners, any medications other than tylenol, etc. I did drink caffeine with my other 2 children, had the occasional diet soda and took antidepressants. Ironically, I was the most careful while pregnant and nursing my son, and he's the child with the "issues." So, I think things done in moderation have negligible effect on the baby.

I also drank lots (hides head) coffee while nursing 2nd and 3rd DCs and saw no difference in them whether I was drinking caffeine or not.
    Annie ~
    Mom three Junebugs: 9, 7 and 3

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I don't drink it often anyway so my one soda/ week stayed and I didn't worry.

Beth

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I drank decaf during my entire first pregnancy,half caf during the second and occasional cup of regular during the 3rd. See the pattern? I'm not on full strength 1-2 times a day.
    Last edited by maestramommy; 11-29-2010 at 03:40 PM.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast