Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Beth24 View Post
    My OB told me that if I had a small amount of coffee during pregnancy (2 cups of coffee or less per day), than the same amount wouldn't bother the baby when I breastfed. Don't know if it's true but I was able to have some caffeine while nursing with no issues!
    Yeah, it doesn't bother DS2 (thankfully!). Poor baby...he is getting way more caffeine through me than DS1 ever did, and quite a bit more than DD. But it doesn't bother him in any noticeable way, thankfully. Maybe it was all the in utero exposure!
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

PGTB is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I cut out caffeine during PG, I switched to decaf instead. I was soooo tired and relied on chocolate instead to keep me awake at work Unfortunately, drinking concentrated thick hot chocolate from my fav chocolate boutique made me gain lots of weight (35 or over lb for my small 5'4" frame with PG). I am still trying and unable to lose the last 15-20 lb and I nurse (DS is 7.5 months old). I also got addicted to chocolate and sweets (wasn't before PG) and still rely on it to make me feel good while at work since I am nursing and can only have a cup of coffee a day. Being able to drink more coffee during the day helped me stay away from sweets when needing energy.

I read about the research that shows that babies from women who had lots of dark chocolate while PG turned out to be happier - smile a lot, and sleep well. DS is certainly smiling a LOT, but unfortunately sleeps poorly and is a terrible napper, go figure Maybe I should have had coffee instead and not gained as much weight

I cut out all caffeine from coffee and soda for the entire duration of my pregnancy and the time I was BFing. I did indulge in dark chocolate on a regular basis though and I have a very sweet tempered baby.

I cut down and went to decaf. and low sugars whenever possible. When horrible nausea hit me though a Sprite was often the only thing that kept the food down so I did I did not know anything about the dark chocolate study. Interesting!

What a great excuse to eat dark chocolate. How did you eat it? It;'s not having something in the late afternoon that is always the killer. How do you make it through the day?

B

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7