wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Mirena users...was AF regular when you still had one?

For those of you who used/are using Mirena, when you were still getting AF did it come at a regular interval or was it just random? After it was placed I spotted for about 7wks and then I haven't had anything for about 5-6wks. Now I think I'm getting AF today. Trying to figure out if I would expect AF to revisit 4-5wks later. Prior to Mirena I had a pretty predictable cycle. I'm assuming that if AF is to go away completely it'll take a few more months right?
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

nfowife is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think it can take a good few months to see if you will still get a period with Mirena. After the spotting stopped for me I didn't get a period most of the time for over 2 years. Sometimes I would have a day of random spotting that in retrospect I realized was my period for that month. Most months, nothing. Though I know some people continue to get a period every month, though it's generally lighter and shorter.
    It's basically a crap shoot for the first few months until your body gets used to it!
    M, mommy to A 2005, E 2007, and L 2010

karstmama is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

i've had three-ish toilet-paper-wiping-worth amounts of spotting in 4 years. really, wipe & notice some brown, not even any on undies. i think the take home is it isn't predictable - person to person or even month to month.
    mama to j karst, former 25 weeker, 12/06

mousemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Totally unpredictable for me. I've had my mirena for over a year and a half now and AF goes away totally for months, then suddenly I'll have some spotting or even a day or two of a bit heavier flow.
    DS 11/08
    DS2 3/13

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I had it in for a year and a half and didn't get my period the whole time I had it in. Plus it took 3 months after I got it taken out to get my period.
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2