Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Polly Pocket organization

What is the best way to store these teensy tiny things? DD was given a box that I immediately stuffed into the attic with fear and trembling. She has been asking for PP since June when she played with her cousin's stash. Seriously, every time I am going to the store and ask, "Do we need anything?" She always yells out from the other end of the house, "Yes, we need some Polly Pockets please!"

Before we send them over to grandma's house to get washed I need to get a storage container for them. What should I get and where have you seen it?

We don't have any yet, but went through the same thing with DS's Playmobil things. We got a large tackle box and it has worked well for a couple of years now. He actually likes keeping it all arranged by type in the little cubbies.

Not very girlish looking, though. Do they still make Caboodles?
    Susan

Thatcher Bennett 9/01
    Ava Grace 9/07

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I would suggest something flat and clear. You don't want it deep because then they dump them all out to find something at the bottom. You also want clear so they can see stuff to pick out (again with the dumping). I'm not sure at what age they can really keep stuff sorted - somewhere between 5-8, is what I have observed - so I wouldn't get a bunch of small compartments just yet, maybe a couple of small containers to go inside the bigger one. Something like the flat scrapbook cases at Michaels/JoAnn with a couple of smaller ones that fit inside?
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Costco has something that would probably work. It's near the office supplies. It was like this but I can't remember if it held 12 or 18 boxes. I would think she could organize by type or color and be able to find whatever she needs each time she plays.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Personally, I like to organize them in the trash can or vacuum.

I cannot stand Polly Pocket. Really cannot stand her and her tiny little gang at all.

But, PPs seem to have some better ideas.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We just have them in a bin like this and slide them under her bed: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/s...en=12011568413
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

marie is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Personally, I like to organize them in the trash can or vacuum.

We just use a shoe box. PP, her friends, and all their teeny things get dumped out, sorted, played with, and put back in shoe box. Sorting and finding the shoe mates are part of the play in our house.
    marie
    mama to
    DD1 9/03
    DD2 12/07

kristac is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Learning Express has a "collector case" that would work well. They will personalize it for free. I can't link a pic but it's in thier latest catalog page 38.
    http://homerglen.learningexpresstoys.com/read/catalog/

You might be able to find a similar box at a craft store to sort beading supplies, etc.
    "Someday, I am going to go to bed without toys on the floor and sippys in my sink. Things will stay where I put them and I can have nice, fragile items on display. But when I do, I will look around with a wistfullness in my heart and miss the days where vibrant imaginations ran wild and there was evidence of life happening around me all the time!"

Canna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I consider myself fairly high on the toy-organization scale. For most toys I keep pieces with their sets and have a constant mental list of what's "missing" so that I can be on the look-out for tiny missing pieces.

However, I have kind of washed my hands of the Polly Pockets. I keep them in a kid-sized shoe box marked "Polly Pockets" with a marker.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Canna View Post
    I consider myself fairly high on the toy-organization scale. For most toys I keep pieces with their sets and have a constant mental list of what's "missing" so that I can be on the look-out for tiny missing pieces.

However, I have kind of washed my hands of the Polly Pockets. I keep them in a kid-sized shoe box marked "Polly Pockets" with a marker.
    I do the same thing with the "what's missing list." The PP came to us EXACTLY as you describe! How funny!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast