Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
    weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfowife View Post
    I'm planning on joining next week and doing the nursing program... What are some staples you eat a lot? I want to start right away after the meeting but with a newborn I need to shop and be ready beforehand or I might not get to the store at all. I did the old plan a while back with success so I know the basics but the new plan seems different. Are all fruits and veggies 0 pts?
    All fruits and most veggies are 0 pts, so stock up on those. Eat them any way you can. I also eat a lot of egg beaters and/or egg whites, hard boiled eggs, fish (less fatty kind like tilapia), shrimp, broth-based soups, vita muffins, yogurt, natural applesauce.

Good luck! We've got a sweet WW support system here, so you're in the right place
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Weighed in the morning and was positively THRILLED to have lost 2 lbs after losing only .8 lb last week!! Right now I weigh exactly what I did in 1999 when I started WW before my wedding. I was heavier than I wanted to be (and I ended up losing 28 lbs, which made me *too* thin, but I was 24 and foolish) but that was post-college and pre-kids. Even though I have a good 15-20 lbs to go before I reach my goal weigh, I am proud to have reached the weight I was 12 years ago because a little voice inside me told me that I would never be as thin as I was before I had kids. If I lose 12 more lbs, I will weigh exactly what I did on the day I found out I was pregnant with my firstborn!

I'm planning on joining next week and doing the nursing program... What are some staples you eat a lot? I want to start right away after the meeting but with a newborn I need to shop and be ready beforehand or I might not get to the store at all. I did the old plan a while back with success so I know the basics but the new plan seems different. Are all fruits and veggies 0 pts?
    I have been successful by cutting out most refined carbs (crackers, pretzels, bread, pasta, rice) and alcohol. I still have a slice of whole wheat bread with some PB, or I measure out 5 oz of wine a few times a week, but cutting those things while adding in lots of fruits and veggies has made a huge difference. The bonus is that I feel WAY more energetic and less lethargic and droopy.

Here are some things I eat a lot (remember, you get more pts on the new plan):

fruits and veggies - apples, grapes, oranges, bananas, brocolli, asparagus, carrots - all 0 pts
    TJ's lowfat string cheese - 1 pt
    tbsp peanut butter with apple - 3 pts
    wasa crackers - 1 pt each
    laughing cow cheese wedges - 1 pt
    deli turkey - 1 pt for 2 oz
    hard boiled eggs - 2 pts
    low sugar oatmeal packets - 3 pts
    chicken breast (1 pt per oz) brushed with 1 tsp of mayo (1 pt) and parmesan cheese sprinkled on top (1 pt) - bake for 25 minutes. YUM! This is my favorite dinner, served with a big pile of steamed brocolli.
    Quaker reduce sugar choc chip granola bars - 3 pt

Good luck!
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Weighed in the morning and was positively THRILLED to have lost 2 lbs after losing only .8 lb last week!! Right now I weigh exactly what I did in 1999 when I started WW before my wedding. I was heavier than I wanted to be (and I ended up losing 28 lbs, which made me *too* thin, but I was 24 and foolish) but that was post-college and pre-kids. Even though I have a good 15-20 lbs to go before I reach my goal weigh, I am proud to have reached the weight I was 12 years ago because a little voice inside me told me that I would never be as thin as I was before I had kids. If I lose 12 more lbs, I will weigh exactly what I did on the day I found out I was pregnant with my firstborn!
    Woohoo!!!!! I am so happy for you!
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Hi NFOWife! Congratulations on joining the program. So far, I love it. I agree with PP about stocking up on fruits and veggies. The only veggies I have found that are actually points are corn, peas and avocado. Everything else is zero points. Other staples for me are Thomas' Bagel Thins. They are 3 points, but great for breakfast (spread with a little peanut butter or low fat cream cheese) or for a sandwich for lunch. I also love the laughing cow spreadable cheeses. They are 1 pt and awesome spread on a bagel thin or on some celery. I am a big fan of the low fat string cheese (most are 1 pt) and low fat cottage cheese (2pts for 1/2 cup). I eat a big salad every day for lunch but try to put something fun and interesting in it (for example I am doing snow peas this week, last week I did a table spoon of sliced almonds, next week I am going to roast fresh beets and put them on it) to keep it from getting boring. I am loving fat free/sugar free pudding to satisfy my sweet tooth or the Vitamuffin Vitatops that PP mentioned. Good luck!

I got the Lite Kettle Corn from Trader Joes. You can have a bag (which is HUGE...28 grams) for 3 points. I am in salty/sweet heaven.

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    Wow. A HUGE congratulations to you!!! That is such a great accomplishment!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congrats, GreenTea! I am having a not-so-great week, compliance-wise, due to a retirement dinner, lunch with friends, not being able to be very active due to the weather, etc., but I'm just going to keep on trying to stay on course. My feeling is that life is like this, some weeks are better than others, and it's a good reminder not to give up the ship over a harder week than normal.

Congrats again!
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Hey ladies. I'm thinking of joining back up. I only have about 6 lbs to make me happy but I find these are the hardest to lose because I get complacent about it.

I'm a fitness instructor so I work out a ton (6+ days a week of intense workouts) but I tend to rely on my working out too much and brush off the eating.

I love to eat. I have never ever had a small appetite and working out doesn't help that. I also have a ridiculous sweet tooth.

I just need to do something that will hold my eating accountable. My goal is to be at pre-pregnancy weight by bathing suit season.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

I just weighed in and lost 2.5lbs!!! I am down 8 overall. I am thrilled

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

FYI, there is a sticky in this forum for WW February check in as this thread is getting really long!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12