Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Red face Weight Watchers New Plan.....

What do you all think? I just logged in and my new PowerPlus Points total for the day is a whopping 29 points! I tried that many points when I was nursing DD2 and well it backfired I lost no weight at all and as soon as I went back to my normal 22 to 25 pts. per day I started losing weight. I have been at a plateau for the last 6 weeks so I know I need to get my butt in gear and back on the program, but I am very skeptical that 29 pts per day, plus 49 extra per week is going to work. I most likely won't go to a meeting until Saturday morning, but would love to hear all of your thoughts, and the particulars of the new program before then.

TIA
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was reading a bit about it and they have re-jigged the points. Things are not the same point value as before. Fruit & veggies are zero, but other things will be higher to compensate.

I personally think its a good thing. One thing that turned me off of WW was the reliance on low calorie, low nutrition foods. One woman at a meeting was all proud of herself for having a 1 point breakfast, which involved 2 slices of WW bread, zero point cream cheese and zero point jam.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I need to rejoin. I haven't looked into the details but I also read that its basically taking away points from starchy veggies.
    I also think it's a good thing as it incentivizes you to eat more veggies instead of other foods that aren't as good for you in the long run. I always thought it was ridiculous that carrots and corn were a few points, but other chemical-y foods were not.
    DD
    DS

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    ... its basically taking away points from starchy veggies.
    I also think it's a good thing as it incentivizes you to eat more veggies instead of other foods that aren't as good for you in the long run. I always thought it was ridiculous that carrots and corn were a few points, but other chemical-y foods were not.

I think I'm going to be a lot more successful on the new plan. Previously, a cup of Froot Loops was 1 point and a banana was 2. Those hostess 100 calorie chocolate cakes were 1 point, too. It was definitely allowing me to "cheat" a lot. I'm total carb addict (rice, cereal, potatoes, baked goods, etc) and all of the sudden WW has become a LOT more difficult.

ack!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I go to my meeting tomorrow to meet the new plan! But, from what I've read your points allowance is higher, but many foods are recalculated to be more points.

I like WW, but I have felt like it rewards you for eating crappy fake foods with no nutrition. Hopefully, that is remedied now.

I hope it's not tooooo hard!
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

DebbieJ is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

this is good to hear!
    ~ deb
    DS1 Dec 2003
    DS2 Sept 2009

LexyLou is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I might actually like this new plan. I'm a clean eater believer and my biggest issue with WW was that it didn't matter if you ate crap as long as it was within your points. I lie being rewarded for eating healthy and clean.
    Alexis
    DD #1-9/26/05
    DD #2-8/14/07

Just got back from my meeting. WHAT A ZOO!!! I've never seen that many people at the Wed morning time. The meeting started late and I had to leave early so I didn't hear everything. You are told to put all of your old materials in a box and send it packing. You can't use the old Momentum program and the new. Just won't work. They talk about how there is new scientific research about how your body uses calories etc.. So most veggies are 0 points and all fruit(s) are 0 points. Most foods are now higher in points. The focus seemed to be that the body processes fiber and protein differently than carbs and fat (more to this in the materials and of course they are upstairs and I am downstairs!).

If you have an old tracker you can't use it anymore. You now need to know calories, fat, protein and carb/fiber to calculate the new point values. They are having specials on the new program materials and trackers. They also had all new boxes of the WW snacks, shakes and bars.

So we shall see. This is really suppose to help jump start your diet. Our leader lost an additional 4 pounds in the last month following the new plan. anything to help on this journey is welcome here. I've got a very long way to go and anything that makes it easier is greatly appreciated by me. I just hope this wasn't a smoke and mirrors thing to get people to buy new merchandise. I guess time will tell.

LD92599 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by weech View Post
    Those hostess 100 calorie chocolate cakes were 1 point, too. It was definitely allowing me to "cheat" a lot. I'm total carb addict (rice, cereal, potatoes, baked goods, etc) and all of the sudden WW has become a LOT more difficult
    I'm realizing this too! Apparently i love my carbs.........

And those hostess cupcakes, YUM! And even better frozen....

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

How tough would it be for a newbie to get started? I've never done WW. I'm still carrying around pregnancy weight and would love to drop it this winter. What is the cost? TIA

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast