Default Losing 1lb/wk Jan 24

Weighed in today - lost another pound...and a half I'm stoked.
    mom to one sweet little girl born in late '08
    and -surprise!- one sweet little boy born in late '11

Yay! That's great!

I weighed in yesterday. It was my first week following the new WW plan, and my first week on any weight loss plan since before DD1. And I was terrified to get on the scale because my parents had taken us out to dinner Saturday night to celebrate DH's birthday and I managed to rack up several extra points for the day. But despite that, I lost a whopping 3 pounds!

I really like the new program, and so far I don't (usually) feel hungry or deprived in any way, and I think this could be a reasonable way to eat long term. Although I do miss peanut butter - I feel like I can't really justify a 10 point pb&j sandwich, though.

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

I'm really thinking about joining WW online. I'll weigh again on Wed. Didn't see much today but I'm all congested etc from a cold this weekend. I did run 30 min straight today at the gym though (3 miles!) I am really proud of that! Is it worth WW online for 10 lbs?
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post
    Yay! That's great!

I weighed in yesterday. It was my first week following the new WW plan, and my first week on any weight loss plan since before DD1. And I was terrified to get on the scale because my parents had taken us out to dinner Saturday night to celebrate DH's birthday and I managed to rack up several extra points for the day. But despite that, I lost a whopping 3 pounds!

I really like the new program, and so far I don't (usually) feel hungry or deprived in any way, and I think this could be a reasonable way to eat long term. Although I do miss peanut butter - I feel like I can't really justify a 10 point pb&j sandwich, though.

Sarah
    I am a peanut butter lover and on WW too. I take 1 Tbsp of peanut butter (3pts) and spread it on a Thomas's bagel thin (3pts) for breakfast a couple of times per week to keep the cravings down. 1 Tbsp is more than it sounds like with peanutbutter.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

Quote Originally Posted by elephantmeg View Post
    I'm really thinking about joining WW online. I'll weigh again on Wed. Didn't see much today but I'm all congested etc from a cold this weekend. I did run 30 min straight today at the gym though (3 miles!) I am really proud of that! Is it worth WW online for 10 lbs?
    I'm impressed with anyone who can run that much - I tried the couch to 5k program a few years ago but never got past week 4 for whatever reason. I'm seriously considering getting a treadmill for home use and trying again!

As far as being worth it for 10 pounds? Well, I know when I get down to the last 10 pounds it's likely going to take me a while to get through, but YMMV. I find the online tools really easy to use to look up point values, find recipes and foods to eat, and keep track of everything. I have a points converter and access to the full site on my phone as well, so that's helpful. They're running a special right now where prepaying for 3 months waives the joining fee, so it's only $6 more for 3 months than paying the joining fee plus one month.

HTH!
    Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I am a peanut butter lover and on WW too. I take 1 Tbsp of peanut butter (3pts) and spread it on a Thomas's bagel thin (3pts) for breakfast a couple of times per week to keep the cravings down. 1 Tbsp is more than it sounds like with peanutbutter.
    That's a great tip! I'll have to look for the bagel thins the next time I'm at the store. 6 points is about what I normally spend on breakfast anyway and this sounds infinitely more satisfying!

Sarah
    Mommy to:
    Carolyn, 10/04
    Anna, 7/08
    Matthew, 8/13

Quote Originally Posted by sarahsthreads View Post

As far as being worth it for 10 pounds? Well, I know when I get down to the last 10 pounds it's likely going to take me a while to get through, but YMMV. I find the online tools really easy to use to look up point values, find recipes and foods to eat, and keep track of everything. I have a points converter and access to the full site on my phone as well, so that's helpful. They're running a special right now where prepaying for 3 months waives the joining fee, so it's only $6 more for 3 months than paying the joining fee plus one month.

I agree with Sarah. The website is really easy to use and especially great if you have a smart phone of some sort (I have an iphone and love the app). So far, I've lost 5lbs in 4 weeks. So pretty worth it.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Great job everyone!

I forgot to weigh in yesterday, since kids got me up at 4:45 and I was just messed up with a schedule. So, I'm a day late, but lost 1 more. I'm down 4 pounds in 3 weeks, and I'm happy with that!
    Kris

so down another .5 lbs maybe. Grr. But I will admit to not doing a great job tracking my calories etc. sigh. My clothes do fit better though!
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just seeign this. Stayed the same :-(. So down 34 total. Still. Not working out is my problem. Work just killing me ... no time no time. Must make time.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.