Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    How tough would it be for a newbie to get started? I've never done WW. I'm still carrying around pregnancy weight and would love to drop it this winter. What is the cost? TIA

WW is pretty easy. It runs around $10US a week, sometimes they have specials. I think you have to purchase the new points calculator (it used to be included in the registration fee).
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default i agree - crowded meetings!

VERY crowded...i went on Monday to a lunch time meeting soley to get familiar w/ it and get the materials. My usual weigh in is Thursday AM so i'll get weighed tomorrow and then dive in.

Also, etools weren't working and I'm sad to see they added alot of flash so i can't use etools on my ipad, though there's an ipad app in the works at least!

In addition, as a PP mentioned, all of the existing calculators, etc are history! And there's no paper slide rule calculator either, you pretty much either need eTools on a smartphone or their calculator.

This also means the sites such as dottie's are no longer updated (most likely!).

I think we should start another post of our favorites and what the pointsplus values are.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default One more thing....49 pts...

is the weekly allowance. 49 points.

maydaymommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

... And 29 points is the default minimum. No one's points allowance is lower than that.

It would be a good time for anyone to get started, a more difficult time to continue if you've been having some success.
    Big Brother 5/07
    Little Brother 9/09

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I sure hope Dotties is updated.
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What's Dotties?!
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Dottie's website has the point totals for many resturants. Now of course, those totals can be off but it gives you a better idea of what food is served and their point. To find her site just google.

And yes I believe the total weekly allowance is 49.

You'll convinced me to go to my WW at work meeting for the first time in months. I still made lifetime. Waaahoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    WW is pretty easy. It runs around $10US a week, sometimes they have specials. I think you have to purchase the new points calculator (it used to be included in the registration fee).
    I paid $12 today as I had not weighed in for months. Our leader said that the calculater is half off in December ($5.95 I think). Limit one.

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    is the weekly allowance. 49 points.
    35 points for lifetime/maintence.

I think this is a positive change. I never quite followed the previous plans as I ate too many servings of fruit to do the regular program and a little too much "crap" to do CORE as recommended. This will help people to make truly healthier choices. Bring on the fruits and veggies

mskitty

swrc00 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I know in the Atlanta area it is $13 a week. Does anyone know if there are any registration deals right now?

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbaray View Post
    I sure hope Dotties is updated.
    ooh I bet it's not.
    I eat out so much and I always used that site!
    DD
    DS

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast