Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    weech is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

So I stayed within my points and gained .6 pounds this past week.

Awesome.
    Rachel
    Momma to my sweet little bubba
    04/2010

Anyone nursing exclusively and using the plan. I haven't done WW in a long time. I just had my 3rd child so I'm much heavier than I've ever been before but the daily point allowance seems really high. I know they have reworked the plan but so far I haven't seen a dramatic increase in point values for the food I eat. Granted this is my first day back but it seems off.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I tried the plan last week just by tracking online, plus it was the time of the month and I hadn't weighed in in 3 weeks so I was up 2.6 lbs. . My meeting was packed at 7 am on a Saturday morning.

I have tracked everyday so far and honestly I was a horrible tracker with the old plan (and because I was a Lifetimer and maintaining I didn't have to be strict about it), but I am somewhat regenrized with the new plan and it makes me track.

In the US they have the Monthly Pass which is $40 a month and includes online tracking. It's the best deal I have found. I didn't buy the new points calculator (or the old one, I just used the slide rule).

Crossing my fingers I lose this week or I might just have to find another day of the week to weigh in, I am starting to think that Saturdays aren't great days for me.

eta: just went to login to WW.com to log in my daily points and found this article from the NY Daily News about the new WW Points Plan
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-07-2010 at 08:11 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by diegosmom View Post
    Anyone nursing exclusively and using the plan. I haven't done WW in a long time. I just had my 3rd child so I'm much heavier than I've ever been before but the daily point allowance seems really high. I know they have reworked the plan but so far I haven't seen a dramatic increase in point values for the food I eat. Granted this is my first day back but it seems off.
    I'm nursing FT and in the beginning i thought wow that's a ton of points (on the old). I'm trying to stick to my regular points and not consider the nursing points but in the end i'm probably using the nursing points here and there. I need to track better and i've noticed a HUGE improvement in tracking w/ the etools and iphone app this time around. I'm losing about 1-2 lbs per week which i'm content with. I know i totally over did it yesterday on a few things but i hope i counterbalanced it enough in the end. Will find out in 36 hours.

How did you figure out the number of nursing points? Hope it goes well for you tomorrow. Keep me posted.

Okay, so I am late to this thread. I started doing the on line membership this weekend and so far, I am loving it. I love how it really pushes you towards really healthy food. I am eating tons of fruits and veggies and it is delicious. Anyone want to share any great recipes that they have made on WW? I am feeling really inspired and positive.
    Mommy to my little bear cubs DD1 and DD2- 4/2010 and 4/2012

No recipes or tips, but I joined and attended my first meeting today. I want to lose 25 lbs. I really should have had breakfast AFTER the meeting, because if I had realized how my (now) 10 pt breakfast would have impacted my day, I would have made different choices.

I think the new way of calculating that includes carbs is going to require a big adjustment of mindset for me. I have always been a carb-lovin' girl. I am also a little panicky about wine being 1 pt per ounce!

ETA: OMG, just calculated my beloved Vitatops: they went from 1 pt each to 3 pts. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Last edited by Green_Tea; 01-03-2011 at 03:07 PM.
    Green Tea, mom to three

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    No recipes or tips, but I joined and attended my first meeting today. I want to lose 25 lbs. I really should have had breakfast AFTER the meeting, because if I had realized how my (now) 10 pt breakfast would have impacted my day, I would have made different choices.

I think the new way of calculating that includes carbs is going to require a big adjustment of mindset for me. I have always been a carb-lovin' girl. I am also a little panicky about wine being 1 pt per ounce!

ETA: OMG, just calculated my beloved Vitatops: they went from 1 pt each to 3 pts. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I love Vitatops too. So far, I have found that with fruit being free, I tend to have a lot of points left over at the end of the day, so I am trying to evenly distribute my points throughout the day. Here is what I have eaten today:

Breakfast (7am):

4 point breakfast sandwich (by the brand that makes vitatops)

Mid-morning snack (10am):
    1/2 Grapefruit and 6oz of fat free greek yogurt 3 points

Lunch (12:30pm):
    Salad with 1 oz cheese, 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, 2 slices of turkey bacon and 4 Tbsp of light dressing 9 points. And a 100 calorie cookie pack for 3 pts (I need somethign sweet)

Right now I am eating an apple and I have 1/4 of a cup of hummus (4pts) and some carrot sticks for my late afternoon snack. For dinner, I am having 6 oz of chicken with 1 cup of couscous and mixed veggies. So that will leave me with enough points for 1/2 cup of fat free/sugar free pudding with some raspberries and fat-free cool whip for my snack tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyBearsMom View Post
    I love Vitatops too. So far, I have found that with fruit being free, I tend to have a lot of points left over at the end of the day, so I am trying to evenly distribute my points throughout the day. Here is what I have eaten today:

Breakfast (7am):

4 point breakfast sandwich (by the brand that makes vitatops)

Mid-morning snack (10am):
    1/2 Grapefruit and 6oz of fat free greek yogurt 3 points

Lunch (12:30pm):
    Salad with 1 oz cheese, 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, 2 slices of turkey bacon and 4 Tbsp of light dressing 9 points. And a 100 calorie cookie pack for 3 pts (I need somethign sweet)

Right now I am eating an apple and I have 1/4 of a cup of hummus (4pts) and some carrot sticks for my late afternoon snack. For dinner, I am having 6 oz of chicken with 1 cup of couscous and mixed veggies. So that will leave me with enough points for 1/2 cup of fat free/sugar free pudding with some raspberries and fat-free cool whip for my snack tonight.
    How are those breakfast sandwiches? I saw those and wondered if they were any good!
    Green Tea, mom to three

They aren't bad. Not as delicious as something much worse for you, of course, but totally edible. I was impressed that they kept me full until around 10ish. I had the veggie one.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast