Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I agree with PPs to choose Disneyland over Legoland (this coming from a lifetime member of Legoland!). When DD was 2, we could not do much at all. There are so many height requirements (the lowest is 34") and a 2 year old would only be able to do the 3 rides that do not have a height requirement. There is a slow-moving water ride and then the lake tour. There is a really cool big playground (with a little train that he would be able to ride)., and some fun music things to do. Then there is a little toddler water park but in January it will be way too cold for that. Otherwise the other rides all have heigh requirements.

I was amazed after spending so much time at Legoland when I visited Disneyland for the first time with my kids. My then 2 year old could do almost ALL the kiddie rides. It was fabulous!!!! Come to Legoland when DS is 5 or 6 and you will get WAY more bang for your buck. If you do decide to visit Legoland, you can get pretty cheap tickets on ebay for about $30-35 each. Members get free passes and sometimes people sell them. They are issued at the end of December for the following year.
    DD (3/05) and DS (5/07) still harnessed and loving the cupholders in their Frontier 85s!

Thanks everyone! It seems pretty unanimous to go to DL, huh!?! I'll tell my DH all these points and we'll probably end up doing DL- Thanks again!!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would go to Disneyland. We are going to take the girls to Legoland for the first time at the end of the month and have waited this long because of the height requirement for many of the rides. DD2 will be 8 mos. old so she won't care if she can't go on a certain ride with DD1. Most the rides have at least a 34" height requirement and my daughter was not that tall at almost 2 yrs. old.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Sounds like you are set on Disney land, but for what it's worth we just got back from both. I'd have to say we would recommend lego over Disney. Yes fewer rides but the lines are so short you can ride the ones they enjoy over and over. SqueekMoo did enjoy Disney, but the way his eyes lite up at legoland was just priceless.

sadie427 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I might skip both, actually, at those ages, and just do things that I wanted to do, with plenty of time outside and running around at parks and so forth, which the 23 month old would probably like as much as Disney or Legoland. Agree that Legoland is great, but more for 3 or 4 year-olds and older.
    ------
    S.

DS 2003
    DS 2009

Quote Originally Posted by MacMacMoo View Post
    Sounds like you are set on Disney land, but for what it's worth we just got back from both. I'd have to say we would recommend lego over Disney. Yes fewer rides but the lines are so short you can ride the ones they enjoy over and over. SqueekMoo did enjoy Disney, but the way his eyes lite up at legoland was just priceless.
    Quote Originally Posted by sadie427 View Post
    I might skip both, actually, at those ages, and just do things that I wanted to do, with plenty of time outside and running around at parks and so forth, which the 23 month old would probably like as much as Disney or Legoland. Agree that Legoland is great, but more for 3 or 4 year-olds and older.
    The truth is we want to do one bigger trip- more for us, but we wanted our DS to enjoy it too. And we realized that driving to Legoland will not be enjoyable for any of us! Since we did Universal last time we were there (I was preg. with my first), we figured Disney is the next on the list.
    I totally agree that my son won't know the difference and would love to just run around anywhere, but we'll be doing that too!
    Speaking of which- I will start a new thread with ideas what do to with him...

Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2