Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Which hotel chains for families of 5?

We need to book one for an upcoming family gathering. Do you have any you just love?

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Embassy Suites for sure.

Beth

egoldber is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Any of the suites chains: Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, etc.
    Beth, mom to older DD (8/01) and younger DD (10/06) and always missing Leah (4/22 - 5/1/05)

Puddy73 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by egoldber View Post
    Any of the suites chains: Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites, SpringHill Suites, Residence Inn, etc.
    Agreed. We've had great experiences at both Homewood Suites and Embassy Suites because they seem to be geared toward families.
    Jennifer
    Mommy to a big girl and a little girl with a sweet boy in the middle (and always missing our sweet baby boy #2, stillborn 7/12)

"The work of today is the history of tomorrow and we are its makers." Juliette Gordon Low

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We stayed at a Residence Inn last year - their breakfast buffet (free!) was awesome! Plus a mini kitchen in the room - Loved it!

We really like Residence Inns...have stayed at many Embassy Suites, too, and are very happy with them, too. The Embassy Suites breakfasts are good, but the rooms at the Residence Inns have been more spacious in our experience.

I concur with the above suggestions, but we also recently stayed at a wingate by Wyndham that was really nice. There was a good sitting area and a microwave and mini fridge.

Also we stayed at a SpringHill Suites by Marriott. I almost recommend it over a Residence Inn by Marriott. The rooms don't have a separate bedroom but they do have a sitting area, mini Kitchen with cooktop and full Fridge and are much cheaper. We stayed here for a few days when we moved and it was great!

I agree with others mentioned, but would also like to add Country Inn and Suites. Very roomy and great breakfast - and a little more inexpensive than some of the others.
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

bubbaray is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

We like Towne Place by Marriot, they are pet friendly too!
    Melissa

DD#1: April 2004
    DD#2: January 2007

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." Jack Layton 1950 - 2011

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Thanks, all! I reserved a Residence Inn...on the high end of what we wanted to spend, but it should be nice. Looking forward to breakfast! Because I have to check out every option available, I'll be looking at all the others plus tripadvisor all day tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast