View Poll Results: When did your DC stop napping?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Age 2 - 2.5

12 21.43%
  • Age 2.5 - 3

12 21.43%
  • Age 3 - 3.5

11 19.64%
  • Age 3.5 - 4

5 8.93%
  • Age 4 - 4.5

8 14.29%
  • Older than 4.5/ Other (please explain)

15 26.79%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I can't vote as Punkin stopped napping at 21 months old, younger than any of your poll options. Yup, he NEVER was a good day sleeper, not even from birth. But I did keep him on "rest time" after lunch until he was 5 and I had Boo.

Boo is a great napper and gets very angry if he doesn't get his nap when he wants it. I'm hoping he naps for years to come!!

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I didn't vote (yet) because DS was forced to give up his naps when he started full day preschool at age 3. He probably would've napped for much longer! And I'm still holding out hope although I'm pretty sure DD has all but given up her naps. Some days I don't even bother trying. I'm not ready to say they're gone for good, but I think they are.
    Debbie

I voted for my DD, who stopped napping daily shortly after her third birthday. This fall I started having her go in her room for an hour of rest time when I put DS down for his nap. This way, DS knows he isn't missing anything and goes to sleep easily, and DD will fall asleep a couple days a week, typically. On weekends, I only have her stay in her room until DS is asleep, then she can come hang out with DH and I.

DS is 2.5 and still naps for 2 hours every afternoon. Once or twice a month he'll refuse to go down at nap time, and then I find him crashed out wherever he is playing just before dinner time. He's always needed his sleep though - he still took 3 naps a day when he turned one.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

alirebco is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I didn't vote since my child still naps but at almost 3 years old, he is now skipping naps and naps about every other day. I wish the nap would continue on forever!
    A, mom to Ethan age 5.5 and L age 2

My daughter turned 5 this week and still *needs* a nap. When she gets home from school (preK doesn't have a nap time) she almost always crashes on the couch, and we have a hard time waking her up. On the weekends, she naps for a few hours.

My son stopped napping before his fourth birthday, on the other hand.
    Boy (4/03) -- Girl (12/05) -- Boy (11/10)

SpaceGal is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS1 is 5.5 and DS2 is 3.5 and DD is 1.5. They all still nap. DS1 is in afternoon kindergarten so no naps for him on school days but on Fridays, Saturdays and some Sundays he naps.

DD could skip but is super cranky if she does and the same goes for DS2. So I let them nap. As silly as this might sound I remember napping for a long time growing up...probably up until I was say 7 or 8 years old. Maybe because I felt lonely as an only child or because I was bored but I recall napping 2-3 hours at times.

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD2 gave it up when the Binky Fairy accidentally took naps along with her pacis. She was just over 3 and I was HORRIFIED.

DD1 would at least do quiet time (and sometimes fell asleep!) up until DD2 stopped napping, so she was near 5. DD2 would NOT do quiet time at all, so that was the end for both of them.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Beth24 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

All 3 of my older kids were napping at age 5 when they started kindergarten and had to stop!
    DS, 15
    DD, 10
    DS, 3

cheri is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DD1 stopped napping between 12 and 18 months (ugh). We tried and tried, but she wouldn't have any of it. She definitely _needed_ naps still, but fought it so incredibly hard.

DD2 still naps daily --she's almost 28 months and seems to be going strong with the napping. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!
    Last edited by cheri; 12-04-2010 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Grammar (oops)

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dora is just 5, and still naps, but not consistently. Sometimes she will go up to 3 days with no nap, sometimes she will nap but short, and not until later in the afternoon, sometimes she will just lie down on the couch and zone out.

But Laurel is 17 months and my worst napper. I will not be surprised if she stops napping MUCH sooner.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast